Degen in the making??

K

kcab97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, new here and pretty new to poker. Ive read little green and theory of poker, watched countless videos, took phil ivey master class and took notes through all these things, and yet my account always hits 0. Compared to other story ive seen of people losing thousands, ive really not lost that much probably about 200 in a month as of now but that hits for me. I didnt expect to walk in a and be Jungle man but i cant even keep it above 5$!!! Note that ive been going about 50 dollars at a time, and only playing small SNG's, 2c/5c NLH, and some zone which i seem to do the best on but most say its bad practice. Basically im asking for pointers on maybe how to find my leaks or another book.. something. Ive been interested in poker for a while now and i enjoy playing, but losing everything over and over is making it hard. HELP!!:confused::ah4:

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hard question, looks like you know and wants to play poker, but is not having a good lucky,:hmmmm: it's in a bad streak, try to change the mindset about your game, make challenge to yourself, set a goal when you play, your profit per session,this things... everyone can go through a bad phase and change for better, not worry so much

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess most People ended up with busting their first few deposits :D
same for me

what are 'small sngs' for you? 10 Cent? 1$? 5$?

what really helped was a good bankrollmanagement.
If you deposit 50$ and Play 5$ tournaments, you have to get really lucky to beat the variance. most of the time you will end up broke.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry for doublepost

Hi all, new here and pretty new to poker. Ive read little green and theory of poker, watched countless videos, took phil ivey master class and took notes through all these things, and yet my account always hits 0. Compared to other story ive seen of people losing thousands, ive really not lost that much probably about 200 in a month as of now but that hits for me. I didnt expect to walk in a and be Jungle man but i cant even keep it above 5$!!! Note that ive been going about 50 dollars at a time, and only playing small SNG's, 2c/5c NLH, and some zone which i seem to do the best on but most say its bad practice. Basically im asking for pointers on maybe how to find my leaks or another book.. something. Ive been interested in poker for a while now and i enjoy playing, but losing everything over and over is making it hard. HELP!!:confused::ah4:

with a small bankroll, the 0.25Cent 45man and 90man SnG are best to start. a really soft field where it's easy to reach the final table. once you start beating those tournaments, climb to the 0.50/1$ SnGs (45man, 90man, 180man regular Speed; Turbos are also fine, but as a beginner you should stick to regular Speed). if you grind those tournaments you should be able to build a nice bankroll.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study hard, and when you play try to apply what you have learned consciously. Poker is a long-term game, to earn money you have to invest money or time.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
$2/$5 not healthy with a $50 bankroll. I would switch to $1/$2 if you want to be in the game longer

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would look up a couple of articles on bankroll management before continuing further - stick to the low stakes games for the time being, be patient and play the proper hands preflop, don't try to bluff too much at these stakes since there will be a lot of calling stations - build the pot rather than trap when you have a strong hand.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from the lowest stakes

Please be sure to begin to do from the lowest stakes.

Please become able to correspond to enemy's big raise after flop.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just post 3 times every day here on Cardschat and in 30 days apply for the freeroll club. That way you will have at least a good freeroll every day, actually 2 freerolls 4 times/week if you live in the US, add another daily freeroll if you have access to pokerstars. In between the CC freerolls and the Venom and Stormers freerolls on ACR you can enjoy playing and practicing your game without making another deposit.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just post 3 times every day here on Cardschat and in 30 days apply for the freeroll club. That way you will have at least a good freeroll every day, actually 2 freerolls 4 times/week if you live in the US, add another daily freeroll if you have access to Pokerstars. In between the CC freerolls and the Venom and Stormers freerolls on ACR you can enjoy playing and practicing your game without making another deposit.

This is good advice.