Dealing With Running Bad

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I am running bad by over 11 bb/100 across the last 5600 hands. I have never run particularly good, but I typically run very close to expected. This is the worst I have run by far since I started playing 2 years ago. I'm not trying to tell any bad beat stories, I just want some advice on how to deal with the inevitable down swings. I am still winning overall in the 5600 sample, it's just I feel like there is a lot of money that has been lost compared to what I could have.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume, you are talking about the difference between your actual winnings and your all-in adjusted winnings, which tracking programs can calculate for you. And in that case simply ignore the all-in adjusted winnings.

Over that particular sample you are running around 6BIs below expectations in all-in before the river pots. But you might well be running 10BIs above expectations in flopping sets, completing draws and coolering your opponents by having KK, when they have QQ and so on and so forth.

So it simply does not matter, what your all-in adjusted winnings would have been. All, that matter, is to use bankroll management, and to make good decisions at the tables. And since you have not even lost anything, you clearly dont need to move down. Its basically a non-issue and a distraction.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when luck is not on my side. I tighten my game and persist in playing a game of reduced variance. I avoid playing flips as much as possible and I only take from my opponents what they want to give me. I favor the check postflop and do not hesitate to fold if the spot becomes too complicated. it is a style of play which requires rigor and discipline but which makes it possible to reduce the effect of variance on your game and to achieve good performances in the long term.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Review your hands, maybe you kind find some areas to improve on.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wager less and play more
Chart your hands using poker elephant or another like bankroll tracker

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume, you are talking about the difference between your actual winnings and your all-in adjusted winnings, which tracking programs can calculate for you. And in that case simply ignore the all-in adjusted winnings.

Over that particular sample you are running around 6BIs below expectations in all-in before the river pots. But you might well be running 10BIs above expectations in flopping sets, completing draws and coolering your opponents by having KK, when they have QQ and so on and so forth.

So it simply does not matter, what your all-in adjusted winnings would have been. All, that matter, is to use bankroll management, and to make good decisions at the tables. And since you have not even lost anything, you clearly dont need to move down. Its basically a non-issue and a distraction.

Thank U 4 Posting

Once again I am here to echo great advice from fundiver.

Reread this post above and follow it 100% and you will be doing the best thing for yourself.

Hope this helps
:):)

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't consider such short distances. You can have 20bb/100 per 1000 hands, but actually 5bb/100 per 100k hands