Dealing with people who call down the street

L

lonenlynobita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is this game state in a single Sit-N-Go that a little bit confuses me. Once in a while, we will reach this state where we are down to 5 people and the blinds are big enough that it leaves me as the short stack with around 20 BBs.

In this state, my stack is short enough that most players would not respect my stack. What happens is that they would try to call me down through the river and then they will either fold or raise me on the river. If I try to check, they will bet me off my hand.

I am not sure what to do in this state. I would like to know what you think that I should do here. The thing is that I still have plenty of stacks so all-in is pretty awkward and either I only get the blinds or called by a monster. I have learned that at this state, I'm more likely to win when the pot is multi-handed where my bet is perceived as more credible, but I am not sure if I have the right picture.

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All In with decent hole cards

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're that short you need to consider jamming pre-flop with a good hand or if you can limp, just be prepared to fold or go all-in. They bigger stacks with bluff a lot of the time to get you to fold when your cards miss.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 20bb stack is not something you want to raise very often, so fold most hands and raise monsters such as AK/AA/KK and shove most low pairs such as 77,66,55