Daniel Negrano's Masterclass

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently began to take Daniel Negrano's Masterclass online, I believe I am learning a lot, however, there is a huge amount of information and I have had to watch and re-watch the first few hours and I am still less than 1% done. Is anyone else taking the class? If so, what do you think? Will the class improve your game? I think it has already improved mine.
I look forward to hearing from others in the Masterclass!

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be curious to know if you manage to recoup what you are paying for it with your poker earnings ?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All these paid workshops, paid videos and paid lessons will not do anything good. Ordinary business on gullible suckers! They don’t carry any specifics, just water. It’s better if you have the need and financial ability to hire a well-known professional for personal training and analysis hands played. there will be much more benefits!

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu is of course the legend of poker, but now there are also a lot of players who are not inferior in level of thinking and poker development, so I think that you should not jump out of your skin to see his game .. You can always learn under any circumstances, it would be a wish

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be curious to know if you manage to recoup what you are paying for it with your poker earnings ?[/QU

It was a gift from my brother so there was no cost to me. So far I have gotten through the first 3 or 4 hours and to make sure I am getting what he is teaching I have watched it twice. It shows I am less than 1% done and the information I have received has already helped me be better at the tables. I am no newbe I have been playing poker for 25 years, Long before the Moneymaker effect happened and poker became mainstream. I think I am going to benefit an amazing amount by the time I am done,

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All these paid workshops, paid videos and paid lessons will not do anything good. Ordinary business on gullible suckers! They don’t carry any specifics, just water. It’s better if you have the need and financial ability to hire a well-known professional for personal training and analysis hands played. there will be much more benefits!

I can tell you that while your opinion is appreciated, it is thoroughly incorrect. I have already begun to benefit from what I have learned and I am less than 1% done.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got it, it’s ok but Johnathan Little or Splitsuit on YouTube give you more information for free! But it’s not bad... just not great!
Personal view from paid member.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I recently began to take Daniel Negrano's Masterclass online, I believe I am learning a lot, however, there is a huge amount of information and I have had to watch and re-watch the first few hours and I am still less than 1% done. Is anyone else taking the class? If so, what do you think? Will the class improve your game? I think it has already improved mine.

Hi there Large balance,

No, I'm not taking the course, but I believe it would improve my game...

Why wouldn't input from from one of the greatest of all time be helpful?

Even the advert alone helped me- I used to eat sandwiches at the table! :biggrin:

In all seriousness, how can the masterclass be any different to another kind of study material or course offered by a seasoned veteran? There will be a great deal of value in there to almost any player who is willing to pay attention, apply effort and engage with the resource with an open mind.

Having access to something like this can have as much or as little value as your are willing to invest effort into extracting from it.

DNegs is renowned for his poker ambassador credentials & character and it's my opinion that he has at least as much desire to help further lesser-experienced players' games as he does to financially gain from the instructional course, if not more.

From where I'm sitting he isn't exactly looking hard-up, strapped for cash and in need of a quick buck somehow or other!

:tee:

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
I loved it too , it sure improves your game but for playing 25 years poker you should know all this , this is like the ABC's , Daniel masterclass is for new players and novice players that would like to have a good read of the game and understand more how it works but it is far from being a pro training or a detailled GTO play teaching you what optimal decisions to take. just my opinion and good luck on your quest mate )

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would love to do this course!!
i bet so much to learn , millions to be made with all the info he shares..

im jealous :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m little surprised that you play 25 years and his class improves your game. I watched videos, and they are really good when you starting to play poker., but for a guy with 25 years experience... I don’t know. I would ask my self where was my game in this 25 years? I don’t mean to insults you with my opinion, but if it’s step forward for you, I wish you good luck.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's fun to watch to see how he thinks but now most of it is obvious to me and I've been playing seriously for only a year.

I watched it back when I didn't know much about poker and I had to pause and rewind and google a lot too.

It's one of those those courses that uses linguo where knowing that linguo implies you already know the concept and thus aren't learning anything new, and not knowing it means you have no idea what he's talking about.

But if you google the stuff he talks about and do additional research you will certainly learn from it. It offers a good framework to guide your learning but I wouldn't rely on it as a sole resource.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can tell you that while your opinion is appreciated, it is thoroughly incorrect. I have already begun to benefit from what I have learned and I am less than 1% done.

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you looked at Ivey's material as well?

I have his class in my chosen queue but I have not started watching it yet, I do not want to watch both at the same time. I am looking forward to it though and I hope I get as much out of his class that I am and will get out of Kid Poker's class.:bandit:

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's fun to watch to see how he thinks but now most of it is obvious to me and I've been playing seriously for only a year.

I watched it back when I didn't know much about poker and I had to pause and rewind and google a lot too.

It's one of those courses that use lingo where knowing that lingo implies you already know the concept and thus aren't learning anything new, and not knowing it means you have no idea what he's talking about.

But if you google the stuff he talks about and do additional research you will certainly learn from it. It offers a good framework to guide your learning but I wouldn't rely on it as a sole resource.

I do not believe the class is meant for people who do not already know and understand basic poker including the basic poker lingo involved. After all, it is called a MASTERCLASS Not BEGINNERS POKER 101 keep that in mind. I would definitely agree this is not for the rank beginner with no poker chops That plus the idea that if you know what the lingo in question means you already know the concept. Again not true, I knew what the terms LAG and TAG meant, but I was not sure what they were supposed to tell me or how to adjust to the differences, now I do and that is just a tiny example.:bandit:

Last edited:
Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m little surprised that you play 25 years and his class improves your game. I watched videos, and they are really good when you starting to play poker., but for a guy with 25 years experience... I don’t know. I would ask my self where was my game in this 25 years? I don’t mean to insults you with my opinion, but if it’s step forward for you, I wish you good luck.

To answer your question the poker I played for 25 years was a different poker game, it was a bunch of guys sitting around a card table playing 5 card stud or 7 card draw rarely Texas Holdem back then and we were not looking to be professional poker players or even as a source of income, just for the fun of the game. However, once poker became more accepted and mainstream and there were suddenly poker rooms popping up with tournaments that were inexpensive with a good payout. I saw all these people playing a different game than I was, and at 59 next month I decided I wanted to learn this NEW poker. As I believe I mentioned I have cashed in the last 4 Friday night tournament where I play locally by using what small amount I have learned to date. So I started with a decent if old fashioned and by the book, ABC poker base and I am growing from there.
Now, do you understand?:driver:

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would love to do this course!!
i bet so much to learn , millions to be made with all the info he shares..

im jealous :)

Don't be jealous take the class it is not expensive like that nutjob Doug whatever his last name is with his 2000 dollar poker labs on upswing poker

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved it too , it sure improves your game but for playing 25 years poker you should know all this , this is like the ABC's , Daniel masterclass is for new players and novice players that would like to have a good read of the game and understand more how it works but it is far from being a pro training or a detailled GTO play teaching you what optimal decisions to take. just my opinion and good luck on your quest mate )

I agree with everything you said I never claimed to be working towards being a pro, I just like cashing in my local tournaments in Melbourne as I have in the last 4 in a row since beginning Daniel's masterclass. :hahaha:

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there Large balance,

No, I'm not taking the course, but I believe it would improve my game...

Why wouldn't input from from one of the greatest of all time be helpful?

Even the advert alone helped me- I used to eat sandwiches at the table! :biggrin:

In all seriousness, how can the masterclass be any different to another kind of study material or course offered by a seasoned veteran? There will be a great deal of value in there to almost any player who is willing to pay attention, apply effort and engage with the resource with an open mind.

Having access to something like this can have as much or as little value as your are willing to invest effort into extracting from it.

DNegs is renowned for his poker ambassador credentials & character and it's my opinion that he has at least as much desire to help further lesser-experienced players' games as he does to financially gain from the instructional course, if not more.

From where I'm sitting he isn't exactly looking hard-up, strapped for cash and in need of a quick buck somehow or other!

:tee:
OUTSTANDING RESPONSE and thank you some of these other people were making me feel like an old fool trying to improve my game like this.:mad:

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not believe the class is meant for people who do not already know and understand basic poker including the basic poker lingo involved. After all, it is called a MASTERCLASS Not BEGINNERS POKER 101 keep that in mind. I would definitely agree this is not for the rank beginner with no poker chops That plus the idea that if you know what the lingo in question means you already know the concept. Again not true, I knew what the terms LAG and TAG meant, but I was not sure what they were supposed to tell me or how to adjust to the differences, now I do and that is just a tiny example.:bandit:
I meant regarding concept like check raise, etc. As a beginner if you know the definition of check raise (at least in my case) that means you know how to use it. If you dont then you dont. I learned most of my poker concepts by googling terminology I didn't understand. I'm merely decribing my experience watching this while I was a beginner compared to my experience rewatching now, and I think OP is on the same boat. I really got nothing much from rewatching apart from entertainment and affirmation that I use the same play logic as Negreaunu or any other player.

I conpletely agree its not meant for complete beginners.

Edit: Doh. I just realized you are OP [emoji1]

My bad. I guess my experience with his masterclass has been slightly different than yours in that I haven't been playing poker for such a long time.