Could i have played better?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 45s in the SB the BT opr I call and the BB calls,flop is 8h3c6s.

The BT bet 80% of pot I call and the BB folds. Here I think, ok he has TT+,or AK,AQ,he wants to kick me out or stack me with his over pair, I have gutshot and backdoor a strong draw.

Turn comes 10s, he check and I bet half pot, he calls. Here I am quite sure he has an overpair and don't want to bet with his showdown hand.

River is Qs - I have the nuts,lol, so I bet 100% of pot, but he shove,now I'm lost in my thought - either he wans to bluff me out or he has flush as well, so I think,he has no flush - a flush draw would not have bet pot in the flop with air. So I call and the villain has A8s.

Dam - did I miss read the hand or he played upside down?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you could have played better, what is that man, calling the river with a failed project.

I recommend for you an article of Cardschat Strategy, his name is ''odds for Dummies'', and you will know when to call with project, flush draw, Straight Draw, Two over cards, etc.

You reallly need to read that article and you will start doing better!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has you covered very bad unfortunately as he has top pair on the flop and higher spades than you. Maybe if you had shoved on the turn he would fold but it is not too likely because he still has flush draw (with ace) and top pair.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok first I fold in the pre-flop, but leaving aside this on the flop was okay to call.

Maybe my English is wrong but the villain is BT and you are SB. In the Turn How did he check and you make a bet of 1/2 pot? or both checked or you took the initiative of the hand in the Turn and bet 1/2 pot. if both on the turn did Check, I think it was very difficult that with that river you fold that hand, but if you are SB, on the turn you bet 1/2 pot then it was an easy fold on the river since it was It could be evident that both got the flush.

Observation about my replay: that my English is not good and I do not want to expose what was probably an error at the time you created the post.

Recommendation: there is a very good Hand Converter, if this was online use them please it is simpler to be able to analyze the hands for the rest of us

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not entirely following this. You have some inaccuracies here.

Turn comes 10s, he check and I bet half pot, he calls. Here I am quite sure he has an overpair and don't want to bet with his showdown hand.

If he was the BTN, he couldn't check here since you would have had to bet first.

River is Qs - I have the nuts,lol, so I bet 100% of pot

No, you don't ! Any hand with 2 spades that includes A,K, J, 9, 8 or 7 has you beat. First off, I would have taken the free card on the turn since you weren't even drawing to the nuts. Also, I'm confused why your opponent didn't bet on the turn. He had top pair with a nut flush draw. In that situation, I'd want to both protect my hand or build the top for when I hit the nut flush.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you could have played better, what is that man, calling the river with a failed project.

I recommend for you an article of Cardschat Strategy, his name is ''Odds for Dummies'', and you will know when to call with project, flush draw, Straight Draw, Two over cards, etc.

You reallly need to read that article and you will start doing better!
it wasnt failed, i have flus of spades, i just didnt think A8 off spades could be in his range,at least no one play that hand that way

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it wasnt failed, i have flus of spades, i just didnt think A8 off spades could be in his range,at least no one play that hand that way
It is hard to put him on flush. But I think a lot of people would play I the way he did. Also 5s4s would be about the 10th nuts.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put Axs in his range raising on the Button. As stated he has TPTK and a backdoor nut flush draw on the Flop so it's a value bet no doubt.

Why are you thinking only
TT+,or AK,AQ, he is opening on the button which should be a large range Ax, Kx suited, any pair almost any two broadway, middle suited connectors, etc.

You're in the SB so you must have lead out when the 4th spade hits the turn.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
so many hands could have been there...