Correct strategies not working at my level. What do I do?

G

Gabriel Castilho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned some professional poker strategies, but when I play the games of my level
and try to use them, always I lose using the strategies that for the poker are the "correct".

you think I have to play using the strategies of my level even though they are sort of "wrong" ?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned some professional poker strategies, but when I play the games of my level
and try to use them, always I lose using the strategies that for the poker are the "correct".

you think I have to play using the strategies of my level even though they are sort of "wrong" ?
usually a novice player uses strategies that are widely used for training. These are the strategies of strong hands of narrow ranges.
over time, the player develops his own strategy and enters it into his game.
if you have your own strategy but something is wrong. just make the changes in and continue. I think it is right

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How new are you?
What levels are you playing?
How many hands/hours are you basing this off of?

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually all strategies will only bring results in the medium/long term. My suggestion to you, keep on doing the right thing. Good luck!

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are likely two reasons why your plays are "not working":

1. The strategies you are using are not really applicable in a certain type of game or player. Some "professional poker" strategies are better used in certain stakes and games compared to others.

2. You likely used these plays for short amount of time. Their overall effectiveness shows in the long run, so maybe a few months of playing will likely give some results on if your play is working well or not.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Everybody wants to win the Superbowl, but there can only be one winner. Poker is the same way, everyone wants to win, but the fact of the matter is almost everyone is going to lose, a few will make the playoffs and fewer still will win a bracelet.

A

AG04CAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What level are you playing at

Micros = TAG ........ blackrain79 search google :D:D:D

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There isn’t one correct way of playing poker.
You must adjust to the players at your table. And depending on how they play the „correct“ strategy changes.
If you play online against a table of donks that don’t calculate odds then there is no use in making bets that destroy their pot odds. They won’t realize it...

Another thing is that a correct strategy doesn’t necessarily meAn that you are going to win... there’s luck involved to.
Maybe it’s not about your strategy when you are on a downswing

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don´t stick too much to lessons. Try to understand what´s is happening and to adapt to it.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can never define a strategy in poker as "if this than do that". If this is how you're playing that's 100% of the reason why you're losing. You need to take the strategies you learn and adapt them to the individual players at a given table and that is how you "win" at a given stake. You need to go through the hands you played using these tactics and look at 1) if you used the tactic the right way in this hand and 2) if you lost, how changing the tactic slightly could have made you win the hand. Keep doing this and have more fluid strategies and you'll start winning more

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here it is important not to be confused.
strategy is for the whole game
but the tactics are the specific methods of maneuvering the player in the game itself.
strategy - distance duration
tactics - certain areas of the game and the techniques of the player

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, let's hear what these strategies are , unless they're a secret ? Lol ..
As some have mentioned stratergy usually covers a broad spectrum set of ideas, & tactics cover the hand to hand player to player ideas , stratergy being wrong could be danaging indeed,
For example shoving every hand that has a red card in maybe a stratergy, not a good one haha, or playing tight or loose could be stratergies , would be nice to hear what ideas in general you're using then we can have our opinion on it :)

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play calm and relax, and find your own still which you feel comfortable.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Everything depends on choosing the right strategy, in relation to a certain type of rivals, games, tables.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You start with little knowledge, then, as you progress, you just refine the information much better, depending on any circumstamces

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter what strategies you use. They always need to be tweaked as to how the players at your table at any given time are playing. I like it when I get to a new table and get "bad" starting cards. It gives me a chance to watch the other players instead of coming to the table "cold" with not knowing how they will play.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should wait and see , might be that thoses strategy are for long term , or there are not very effective . Anyway it s good to try and learn .try to use a strategy of ur own , ( conquered by experience time and the kind of play you play ) good luck

E

eBay_Sniper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Implementing professional strategies...primarily GTO, at a lesser stage will not work as it’s intended on the felt simply because the majority of players present are basing decisions on something entirely different than optimal strategies ensuring profit over time. High Stake strategy in a lower stake field just doesn’t work really..

Play a couple free rolls, then play a couple real money events and instantly you will notice a significant change in the level of respect for the cards between the the two.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that simply means the strategies are not correct. You have to adjust based on the player pool tendencies and the tendencies of the players you are facing. Having a good base strategy is needed though. Just dont get too fancy at micro or low stakes, try playing more ABC poker