Correct game?

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends, I would like to share a hand that I played today, I had a pair of 10, one player was all and I paid, the surprise is that a third player also pays, the first had a pair of 8, the other pair of J, the J won . My question is: Act in a hurry or can I go a whole, without seeing the flop with a pair of 10 in hand?:confused::confused::confused:

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the size of the stacks and the position of the players could help figuring out if you could have found a fold there. For example, if the initial all in is in the UTG and their stack is very small for the table average and you are UTG+1 with a stack even smaller than theirs, it makes sense to fold, since a lot of people could call. If your stack is bigger, make a 3-bet and try to isolate the initial raser. If, in your case, you were in the SB and the player with JJ was in the BB, there was really not much you could have done.

Pocket TT is not the worst hand to go all in with. Sometimes you'll be flipping, sometimes you'll be dominating the other player and a few times you'll be dominated. Keep in mind that you lost, but you could've doubled up or, in this case, tripled up. Even Aces lose sometimes. Overall, I think you just got unlucky that someone else had a better hand.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wrong play in general.It would be much easier to answer your question if you describe in more detail your position:position on the table,bet size,stack size,your style,opponent style etc...But in general wrong play or a play for lucky draw.Maybe you've been having much more chips than the opponents,maybe they are fishes but for the third time repetition: WRONG PLAY!

Top 10 Games