conspiracy?

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day I hear from streamers and professional players that having Aces in our hands, we have a blocker, Aces in villains will rarely meet.
But in practice, I feel something else, that having an ace in me, the opponents will also have aces too.
What do you think about it?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every day I hear from streamers and professional players that having Aces in our hands, we have a blocker, Aces in villains will rarely meet.
But in practice, I feel something else, that having an ace in me, the opponents will also have aces too.
What do you think about it?

If you are talking about blocker theory, I think it is dangerous for the average player to use with the exception of blocking the nut flush. The domination concerns (worse kicker) are still primary when having an Ace in your hand.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I see it.... the only time Blockers are dangerous to consider is when we are playing limpy, limpy, cally, cally, style games that have 3-5 way pots everytime.... but even then we should consider them when making river calls, and trying to bet turns and rivers....

I dont know about you, but I dont bloat pots in these type of games unless I know I should be getting it in on the river in most run outs.... if that's the case chances are by the time you blocker comes into play the pot probably isnt that much for it to be a huge stack diminishing decission.... so for my census on this subject, you should always be considering them, and not be resualts oriented.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one is immune from this. If we talk about the blocker, I agree with them. blocking an ace, you have a better chance of winning, depending on what kind of kicker you have.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You do see a LOT of Ax hands being played, regardless of kicker, regardless of position, regardless of bet/raise activity, regardless of logic.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having an Ace in your hand creates a smaller chance that your opponent has one. Like you said, it's streamers and pros using this logic. They are playing thousands of hands. Even if using this logic only gives them a 1% jump in what they make, over the long run, they will profit from it. Mix that kind of thinking in with the other "next level" strategy, you have a very profitable player.