Concentration

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do to stay focused on games?

Some players know how to play for many hours.
It is not easy to play for many hours.
But, I imagine that the players have ideas or resources to maintain the concentrations.
What do you do?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before the game, I try to relax a bit, lying on the couch and watching TV or, if I can, sleep !!! Remember, your opponent had a good rest and thinks how to beat you, and does not watch YouTube videos))) Sports will help you to be in good physical shape which is also very important for a long concentration of attention !!!

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

But, I imagine that the players have ideas or resources to maintain the concentrations.
What do you do?

The concentration in poker is an important part of the game and if you play for long hours, you have to use it properly. I prefer to play in tournaments( not turbo ), which means that I am playing a lot of hours, if I want to reach the final stages of the tournaments.

It is impossible to look only at the table during the whole tournament, so many times I used to listen to music, chatting with friends or watching football games, while I ам playing poker. You will ask me how that makes my concentration on highest level. The answer is simple - not focusing on the hands only,makes you to take decisions without a lot of thinking. I can give you one example - if you are only watching the table and somebody takes you a big part of your chips, you will continue to think about it, because you are not doing other things while playing. Just to notify, that these are my techniques of play, it is not wrong to stay focused only over the table. But it is harder. It is all about the person you are and the kind of player you are. You have to make your own techniques, which will let you to stay more concentrated.:):cool:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What do you do?

Learning and practicing meditation will greatly boost your levels of concentration

Reading and doing other one point focused activities will help as well

I find the most useful thing to just focus on staying present, with the game, paying attention to it.

Avoid daydreaming, thinking about the future or the past as this will drain your energy.

Breathing exercises help a ton, as does good diet and regular exercise. There is so much that can help with concentration and most of the magic is achieved off the table!

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess! If, one hour or two hours before the tournament, you play several chess games lasting 20-30 minutes each, then this definitely increases concentration. This helps to your head and increase attention to all the details of the initial stages of the tournaments. Good luck and good games :)