Coaching

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think coaching is neccessary? It can be great, dont get me wrong. And at beggining its best to learn from established poker players. But only basic and semi-advanced stuff. Then, i think, you should develop your own game even if it takes you much longer. I think that finding out on your own is great for you. Just think about math in school. I never fealt good if i finished a problem that i saw my professor doing already. I always had aspirations to find out on my own and that feeling of figuring out something is great, it increases your mental capacity, your problem solving, it enhances your brain, and it trains it, simply said. So you re be able to have your own system for thinking about poker and maybe develop an edge over others that way by finding out a new aspect of the game. Poker is constantly developing and why wouldnt you be one of the pioneers for certain things?

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of what you said/

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think getting a coach for poker is similar to when to seek professional help in other fields/pursuits—assuming you have the time, the most cost effective way is to learn as much as you can on your own first. There are a tremendous number of free poker resources—and so many of them are available right on CardsChat. Secondarily there are books and paid video sites. Make sure to be critical of new info you’re given, and not just accept every piece of poker advice as golden wisdom though of course!

Once you feel you’ve progressed a good deal using these methods, and have amassed a good sample size/significant number of hand histories, that can be an excellent time to find a coach to work with—particularly over at least a few sessions instead of a one off.

When deciding on a coach, try to be honest about what you perceive your own weaknesses to be and look for a coach that is likely excellent at that skill. An example would be a tournament player that struggles with ICM, and finds a mid-stakes coach that excels at ICM knowledge. Keep in mind that the biggest names/best known players don’t always make for the best coaches, and try to find one that’s playing not radically higher stakes than you intend to before long.

Hope this helps and best of luck! :)

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is never too much to receive help from those who know much more than you remember when you went to high school and even to the university because they were pre-professional people to teach then you decide what style of play takes to the tables is your decision

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that training and practice necessary to achieve success in any business.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are completely right! There is a saying that one learns only from his own mistakes.
So, yes, a professional and profitable career is unimaginable without taking your own way. Only those baby steps you can take with other people helping but a serious career consists of learning and learning by own mistakes, paths and countless attempts.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that to gain knowledge from the trainer is very good! But we must remember that without your efforts, no one can make you a good player!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your view on this matter!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree , if you are serious about your game a coach would be the best solution.There are paid courses out there which are super informative but a coach will analyse your own database, your own leaks and he will safe you time. You may improve by yourself at some point by reading/watching studying material but I think the coach will do it better by explaining to you each spot or with the help of a solver.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
flat out can be life changing to work with a major coach honestly....
ive worked with a few some pros everyone knows and some others doing hands etc...

really ups my game each time so id def say is worthwhile if can do it for free or otherwise paying a good coach is probably worth it if really interested in being a better player

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A poker coach is necessary for learning poker just as a personal trainer is necessary for working out at the gym, or a tutor for getting good grades in school. Some people spend their money on such services, but most people do just fine without them.