Coaching

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi. Does/has anybody had coaching before. I think I’m at a stage where I really want to push on and wondered if I should consider this as an option? How helpful was it for you? Does anybody know any good coaches in the uk?
Ive currently had mediocre success in live tournaments and want to mix in some cash successes as well as continue to progress my tournament game.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to find good poker coaches. Most of them are regular players who decided to capitalize on learning. Really good coaches take a lot of money for tuition, something in the neighborhood of $ 100 per hour and more. Here we must bear in mind that in one hour you did not really learn. So you need to invest in learning a lot more money than $ 100. If you are willing to spend on their education round sum of money, well, that's your business.
Although I do not know at what level you are, so it's hard to say. It may be that you can use any cheap coach who simply explain basic knowledge.

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply. I feel I have the basic knowledge of the game and want to push on. I’ve come runner up quite a lot in small local tournaments as well as cashing in as a runner up in a bigger tournament for 6.5k so I don’t feel I’m a beginner so I’m looking to take my tournament poker to the next level as well as start out in low stakes cash

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's probably much more efficient to subscribe to a coaching website like Upswing where a lot of players collaborate on the information you receive. I feel like only one player coaching you only gets you used to their playstyle so you'd be limited in your development.

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all. I am constantly looking at videos on YouTube and seeing what I would do in Those situations.

I might look at coaching sites but feel my attention span is not the best when learning from a screen

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO one thing you can't get from videos, books etc is pointing out your mistakes.
Coach would analyse your play and correct it.
Cheaper option is to post your hands to forum ;)

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would but it’s hard to remember them all as I don’t play online as I don’t like it.

MarloRae

MarloRae

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like I need coaching but I go through phases of over aggressive play, over protective play, too much bluffing etc. I am reading a lot but find it’s very hard to put theory to practice.