Cbet Range, defence and attack reads

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been having trouble reading cbets when an opponent has hit a set with a low pair in early positions or has called a 5-1 dog hand and get there on the river regardless of bet size. (to long didn't read question at bottom of paragraph)

Typically Preflop when there is a multi way pot that is not 4bet or 5bet i will re raise x4.5 the previous raise to isolate heads up play, i usually do this with KQo+,1010+ or just call with K10+, and QQ+ but i usually run into players who will stick around and fish out river cards.

This typically happens when i have Reraised a big pot to isolate and i get called by 98s,10Js and they hit there range and i "miss" with KK or AKs KQs, JJ, QQ,

or when i just call i miss the read and the early position who has mined a small set on the flop while i hit two pair has hit the small set, and or the straight or flush draw.

My question Is how can i improve my bet reading and Range Reading on early streets to find a fold before i've put more then 10+Bigs in the pot when a multi way pot happens, Or an over bet that is a tricky read when a player has mined a set.

i usually have an average to somewhat good read when things like this happen, but the times i don't, i lose a substantial pot.

i hope my question makes sense. thank you for all replies.

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i forgot to include that usually when i hit the flop/ or 3barrel bluff i continue for 40%to80% depending how wet the board is unless i have the read on the opponent.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should use your potition to get info, and mix up your play style
to make it harder for others to read you as well.

If you play exactly the same way all the time, players may pick up
on it and try to exploit it by pushing you out of a pot you should have won
or get away without paying you of.

Your preflop reraise should also be sized after position, so if your in early
pos, you should raise higher, and late position you can raise lower, or even
just flatcall in any spot to hide your hand strength and control the pot size.

Start guessing villains hands, also wen your not in the pot, keep guessing and
guessing, and you will eventually get better at it.

You cannot do anything bout people getting there on later streets, but what you can
do is to react to whats going on, and the willingness of villains to put money in the pot.
Ask yourself if they got there and fold if you think they did, call if you think they didnt.

Note and color label other players so you know what kinda type they are, it will help
you make better decisions in the end ;)

Good luck out there :icon_sant