Caught bluffing

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro stakes playing online poker, why do so many people immediately leave the table after they are caught bluffing? Example, villain shoves all in and get called by a hero, hero wins and villain shows a missed flush draw. It is poker and bluffing is part of the game, but why immediately leave the table?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it's an mtt, maybe they busted out? maybe they got moved to another table? maybe the busted, re-entered, and got seated somewhere else?

if it's a cash game, maybe the busted their roll? or maybe they don't have enough in their roll to sit down? or maybe they give themselves as stop/loss for the day?

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro stakes playing online poker, why do so many people immediately leave the table after they are caught bluffing? Example, villain shoves all in and get called by a hero, hero wins and villain shows a missed flush draw. It is poker and bluffing is part of the game, but why immediately leave the table?

If its a cash game they may have decided to load just once and if they punt there stack they leave and do something else.

Just an example on the rare occasin I join a cash game, (I am not a cash game player I prefer MTT's) I am willing to give say one bank load depending n the stakes, for me that is $5-$20 depending on the table. Once I get my chips, that is it for me. If I lose on a bluff, a suckout or a bad play it's not going to change the fact that that first buyin was all I was willing to do and I am out.

I'd assume some may leave because they are upset with themselves, but I am just offering a viewpoint that some of us, simply want to reload on a different table or like in my case go back to an MTT which is my comfort zone.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always find it surprising how long some folks take to make up their minds when I bluff at the end. I know they're going to call (they ALWAYS do with TP, usually with middle pair, and often with bottom pair), but it still takes them a while to click on "call".

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always find it surprising how long some folks take to make up their minds when I bluff at the end. I know they're going to call (they ALWAYS do with TP, usually with middle pair, and often with bottom pair), but it still takes them a while to click on "call".
could be multi-tabling. could be that they're thinking instead of making an automatic decision.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am mostly a cash game player and should have put that in the original post.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's also a case that he excelled fairly that a bluff was caught.

When is he satisfied and does he leave the table?

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May be tilted. Or maybe they don't have a roll. Only 2-3 buy ins. Or maybe they care about the "image". They like to bluff, but in this table they can't do that so profitable. Already...

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am mostly a cash game player and should have put that in the original post.

tilted probably, wanted all and got nothing
at micro stakes people usually bluff on river not because it's a good card or situation to bluff, but because then don't want to lose chips that already invested in pot

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They are bad players, bluffing in poker is an art that you have to know how to use.