Calling a raise with q-t

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it too loose to call a raise with q-t in or out of postition? If so what situations can you call with that hand

J

Joe.lane3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are few, if any imo, hands that cannot be played if the table is set for it. For me QT out of position (assuming 8-9 players), even in a loose game, is not a long run winner but in position and a loose game I will ride this hand until shown otherwise on the table.

WOW: just noticed this is posted without my signature. Does anyone know why?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not make it a habit of calling with QT in or out of position. (especially out) but there are certainly times when it is the correct play.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situational at best. Are talking an all and your last to act with Minimal % of stack? I would say yes. Otherwise at best you are looking at an under pair and not in a good situation when a Q hits or miss if others in hand too

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your input just downloaded that pro flop adviser I’ve been told
My Preflop game is weaker than what I thought it was so this will help massively

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odnomastnye play and with average positions and mostly late stance...

D

dbguimaraes87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I would call QT if I´m at the big blind when facing a late position bet to defend my blinds.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for your input just downloaded that pro flop adviser I’ve been told
My Preflop game is weaker than what I thought it was so this will help massively

You don't need to download for the preflop advisor just look in the orange box and start preflop advisor.

misterwilliams

misterwilliams

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Question

is it too loose to call a raise with q-t in or out of postition? If so what situations can you call with that hand

There are several factors to account for. First, are the players at the table loose or tight, second your position, third your stake size compared to your opponents, last is your comfort level with play a non-super premium hand.

Generally I would not always call with Queen-Teen. Sometimes if the conditions are right I will. If I have one of the larger stakes and in a late position, I very well may call.

Playing Queen-Ten will not make you loose or tight in the big picture. How you play Queen-Ten is important.

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The QTcc has won some memorable pots for me over the last 25 years. Snapped aces for a few racks in a 2/5 game once upon a life ago. Whether to call a preflop raise (in a tournament), or not, will depend on stack size, table dynamics, the size of the preflop open, and current stage in the tournament.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In position, suited, late game, its ok to me

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all what sort of hands would you call a raise with then in a full ring cash game when facing a open from early postition

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my absolute favorite hand, but unfortunately it's one of those "I like itFor no reason", as it seems to be a losing hand more than not. I can't avoid playing it, but would suggest to put it down more than not.

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must have your range from every pozition,you can raise with Q10 suited or offsuited...i perfer from cut off and button but depends from your stack,from players who played after you,from tournament.......you can shove with Q10 but again depends from a lot of things...good luck

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think planning as well as throwing a hand before having all the situations exposed is wrong.
I believe that it is necessary to identify the situation.
For example, I can open any junk, and either pay, but always to confuse my opponents and always have the stack double or more. that way when I play nobody believes.
so, I think you should ask yourself why open or increase or pay with QT?

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in loose game, you can limp QT OOP and throw it away if a big raise comes or you can call a raise if the pot odds are favourable (at least 4-5 ppl have entered the pot).

2Rockets2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times maybe

With Q10 i would not play this hand from anywhere but rhe hijack or button as long as the pot has not been opened in front Q10 is dominated by to many hands for tournament play how ever in cash games you have a little more room to play it hope this helps

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Usually, it is one of my fold hands the most time. Just when it is later in a tourney and I have some stack, then I start to consider to play this hand. Well, sometimes I can steal with it, when I have a very tight player behind me...

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it too loose to call a raise with q-t in or out of position? If so what situations can you call with that hand

Try not to think of poker as: What do I do with this XX hand?

It is always situational. Any hand can be opened, re-raised, called, in-or-out of position. It depends on other factors - stack sizes, opponents actions, opponents tenancies, stage of tournament, pot odds etc. Sometimes it doesn't even matter what cards you hold.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Try not to think of poker as: What do I do with this XX hand?

It is always situational. Any hand can be opened, re-raised, called, in-or-out of position. It depends on other factors - stack sizes, opponents actions, opponents tenancies, stage of tournament, pot odds etc. Sometimes it doesn't even matter what cards you hold.
This is really great advice. It doesn't matter so much what cards you hold in most cases. There is never going to be one "right" way to play any hand. Poker is a game of variables. It always "depends".

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q10 call

Q 10 suited is an interesting game for multi way pots always seek play position

Compensates call a raise if you are deep in CO or Button position evittar nas demais posiçoes

unless it is against a short stack versus deep stack your give the order to defend the big blind

Q10 off I see no advantage in play except at the end of tournaments when you have a few players like 4 or 3 or hu

:jd4:mateuspoker

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call a raise with or without position with Q10 ... If it was SUITED. Otherwise, I would be cautious about calling raises with Q10 offsuit out of position. That's just my preference. I hope this helps :cool:

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will depend on the position of the table that is to be + EV pay, playing with HM2 will help a lot in this decision, if the player who opened it was Loose, and is opening a lot, I believe playing QT even on the Turn is a good business as long as the Board is favorable.
Another thing you can not fail to see is how many BBs you have, if you are short, with 12, or 15 of the table's end positions to go play ALL IN straight into turbo tournaments. And defending the blinds is also + EV ..

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not a hand I would call frequently but it depends on my position of my stacks and the height of the tournament usually in late positions and with being one of the big stacks I open my game a bit and it would be a hand I would call being in a good position:eek::fight: