Call or Raise

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether or not I flat call or raise depends upon what position I am sitting in. If I have a good strong hand and am in early or middle position I will simply call, hoping to get more people into the pot. In late position with a few in the pot I tend to raise or reraise. What happens after all this depends upon the flop. We all hope it will be kind.

M

mendez_g1122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you saying you flat call AA KK QQ in EP & MP trying to play multiway?

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you are losing value not 3 betting AA KK QQ AK ect, and I don't want to go 5 ways to a flop even with AA KK and have someone draw out on me.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlike Running Nose, I prefer to raise from early position with strong hands to limit the number of players in the pot and prevent someone from getting lucky and hitting bingo on me. I can't count the number of times that I have seen Aces get cracked by a hand like J-2 when someone limped in with them and allowed players with inferior hands to see a cheap flop.

F

ftn129

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I Guess your play are wrong, because of 2 things. First, you call with a strong hand for early position, the pot will continium small and second, you are allowing whatever hand play, like a 67 Off, giving the chance you take a bad beat.
Thing verter your move, thats my hint

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue addressed in the posting topic is quite generalist but in my approach to value hands is to give them the proper value in my bets

J

JordanPoker3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned the hard way not to slow play QQ+ in early position. With this your only giving connectors/ semi-connectors a chance to see the flop for cheap and when they hit you'll be doing the betting for them.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unlike Running Nose, I prefer to raise from early position with strong hands to limit the number of players in the pot and prevent someone from getting lucky and hitting bingo on me. I can't count the number of times that I have seen Aces get cracked by a hand like J-2 when someone limped in with them and allowed players with inferior hands to see a cheap flop.
Unlike Running Nose, I raise my big hands from EP to build up the pot and get value for my hand. And in the process, I think out the field a bit. However, I don't worry about players calling with bad hands against me. Sure, I might lose a few times, but those players that call with J-2 are the same ones that stack off on a J58r board and can't fold to pair.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm doing same way, only call on early and middle even with really good hand, happened non once that put the rise with AA or KK and everybody is folding in that case i rather checking flop to put somebody in the game

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which only goes to show you, that there is more than one way to skin a cat. That's what makes poker so interesting, everyone has their own way of playing. There is no right or wrong way to play a given hand.