Call or fold

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sitting in the big blind with pocket pair, either 8's, 9's or 10's. Late in tournament needing chips to make the money. One person goes all in, putting me all in. Everyone else has folded. Is this a call or fold??

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends exactly on how late in the tournament you are as well as villain's playstyle. Bubble? Probably folding if I have >5BB. If it's not quite the bubble and you urgently need to win the pot to avoid blinding out, I'm getting it in and not feeling bad about it - even moreso if villain is very loose. If ITM it's honestly tough to say, but I would personally call shortstacked especially since ranges are more loose late

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yuppers, call it off all day

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sitting in the big blind with pocket pair, either 8's, 9's or 10's. Late in tournament needing chips to make the money. One person goes all in, putting me all in. Everyone else has folded. Is this a call or fold??

Than U 4 Posting.

In order to fold you would have to put your villain on a better pair and only a better pair.

So what data points are we looking for to come to that conclusion? Here are some example data points. Not all have to be present but we would want to have witnessed several of these actions.

1 Tightest player on the table who never min bets AA KK and always shoves them.

2 We have seen this player show down all their shoves and none have ever been AK or worse

3 Villain limps UTG and then folds to aggression.

4 Villain has never raised a pair below 88.

5 Villain has never shoved preflop

6 Villain has never thin value bet.

7 Villain has checked down TPTK: J or above.

8 Villain checked back a straight on a 3 flush board.

9 Villain has no idea what an Ace blocker is.

10 Villain over shoved the nuts when even the weakest players knew it had to be the nuts.

Hope this helps

:):)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call because most of the time you are up against two over cards with what is essentially a coin flip. With the situation needing chips to stay alive I would take the coin flip and hope I double up.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to call too in this case.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are low in chips you have to call.

T

thxitz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's depends a lot of things. But, in my opnion, the most important thing it's to observe how the villain playing so far... If he's too tight, I would fold easily, but if he's playing a lot of marginal hands, too agressive, than I would call.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very little information to answer your question

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, it’s better to show aggression yourself than to respond to it, so in most cases it’s Fold but it all depends on the specific case !!!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are the last player among all and there are few chips left, then this is the best way to double. The opponent may have high cards, such as AK.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your hands and your opponent. 10 is a good hand for a later stage. 99 is more vulnerable. In the hands of AK ev longer than the arms 99 like.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- If he is in a late position, he may want to steal the blinds, but if he is in an early position he will hardly be trying to steal the blinds. I would probably pay.
- If he has few blinds, he can do that with many worse hands than yours. I would probably pay.
- If you have very few BBs (.5 BBs), you may not have time to get another hand like this. I would pay.
- If it's near the bubble and he has a lot of chips, he may be wanting to put pressure on the shorts stacks. I would pay.

Remembering that this is without knowing the other player, everything can change depending on what I know about him.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think call is better, although this call cut of mu head in Micromillion today-simple fold should ensure mine place in money...

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would depend on my read of the villains range and his chip stack. Lean Call.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have not written down the exact situation, but it is not important in this situation, enough information for the exact answer. The answer is simple, easy push! I think even with 44 55 66 77 couples you can go all in.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are very short stacked, then this is a call. The player most likely has high cards, which will put you in like a 50-50 chance of winning. If you are not desperately in need for chips then it might be a good thing to fold this. My personal experience with these kinds of pairs is not very good. My opponent usually finds a higher pair :(

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think call is better in this situation because to make in the money you need more chips go to double up.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a lot of info but generally I would call.:):):)

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
according to your position if they are of the same suit is call but as they folded the most advisable is fold to not risk incessantly chips

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're in the money, call. If you're on the bubble, fold.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not enough information, sounds like a call to me.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in the big blind personally with any of those pairs I would send them all to the center without thinking about it and more if I am below 10 blind for me it would be ideal

Folding in Poker