Button start position Texas Holdem

R

rounderHTM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello folks,

Let's say a tournament is about to start and the button must be placed under positions 1-9. I have read some articles that states that button should be placed into position number one but in almost all live events I played the dealer gives one card to each player and the highest card takes the button.
My question is: doesn't matter live or online which is the right way to place the button? And lets say two players received Aces, as far as I know suits have no strength in Texas Holdem or in this particular case they have?
I have googled it but can't find which is the official rule about this, could you more experienced players answer me?

Thanks in advance!

:confused:

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i remember good if one player receive an Ace he will be the button and dealer stops giving cards to rest of players so there cant be two players with Ace ,im not sure 100%.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i remember good if one player receive an Ace he will be the button and dealer stops giving cards to rest of players so there cant be two players with Ace ,im not sure 100%.

Everywhere has their own rules but that is how it's done most places. To me it never mattered much, I'm not worried about 10/20 blinds, interested in stealing 30 chips, or playing big pots with no dead money.

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time the dealer deals every one 1 card face up. Highest card gets the button. In the case of 2 or more Aces, then the highest suit of those Aces gets the button. The suit order from highest to lowest is Spade, Heart, Diamond, Club.
You are correct in that suit does not matter during normal play, but it does come into effect in this case of determining who gets the button to start the tournie.
Hope this help. Good Luck.

R

rounderHTM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got it

Thanks everyone for the explaining.
I know that low blinds doesn't matter in the beggining but what got my attention was that I could not find suit strength anywhere and got curious.
CardDead711 where did you learn the suits strength order? It is the first thing I could not find on Google :)

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules