Building Today's Polarized 3betting range chart

S

SpeedBump621

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick question for you regs. I wont be overly specific about the opponent or my position. Obviously, depending on my position and how fishy my opponent plays.... my Value 3bets, flats, and 3bet bluffs will change.

So, without getting too in depth: I'm up against villain who, over a large sample of hands, opens the pot 36% of the time and folds to 3 bets a bit too often although not enough for every 3bet to have vacuum positive EV.

Should my value 3bets be about 12% of hands? Is that a good amount to start with? Then flat with 12ish% of hands and 3bet bluff with another 12%?

Is this kind of how you'd go about building and learning this?

In this example I think the 12% value 3betting is a bit light. I'm just curious to see what today's more active and experienced online players are doing at around the .25BB levels.

Thx!

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think little 12%, lapses is around 20% with less than 25bb. But you can not have a rule, that has an influence on your bankroll.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a sound strategy against said player. Maybe 15% seems even better, without knowing how he plays on other streets.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars