Building bankroll from beginning

S

sylas658

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I wonder, do you think its possible to build a good bankroll from low stakes? For example let's say you have only 5-10$ what you think it's the best way to start up the building? :confused: in other words from zero to hero!

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i have only 10$ i play 0,55$ or 1,10$ tournaments... Sometimes i play 36 players KO 1$ sit n go just to up my bankroll. Those are pretty easy to win.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What software we're talking about ? If it's pokerstars i recommend playing Spin & Go 0.25$. Others platforms i recommend sit'n'go and Progressives K.O, and of course playing lots of freerolls.

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course available! I earned from $ 1 to $ 40 =)

S

sylas658

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play only SNG even with big bankroll but in long term it seems to lose more. Do you guys think it's worth risking 3$ and later on 1+1$ hoping for a big win or even the whole 5$?

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start with the 0,10 cents Sit&Go from PS.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can build a bankroll with 0. The main thing is that you have the patience and discipline required for this.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best to add to the Cardschat Freeroll Club and play tournaments for $ 1 on Saturdays and Sundays at 20:00 CET.

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 39
boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have successfully played from zero dollars in an account winning only freerolls until I built up about 5 to 10 bucks. I switched to MTTs at the lowest price until I built my BR to around 100 and cashed out, last year... lately I've been trying to do the same thing, it's a discipline challenge for sure.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With proper BR management you can def come from the bottom to the top. I always used the 150x buyins for MTTs and 25x buyins for cash games and adjust accordingly.

Jesus Ferguson famously built from freerolls to 10k with a 1% risk rule.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excelent

I think is possible, many times in last 2 years I have build my bankroll from 10$ to 1000-1500$ on Pokerstars at zoom games in few hours. But how I said in other post I can't keep my bankroll for more than a week.:)

Keenlight

Keenlight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went from 0 to 170 in about 2 or 3 weeks just playing freerolls and after i won my first $2 i played the lowest cash game i could get into.I have dropped some and gained it back but i have done a lot of silly things . I would recommend getting a hud like pokertracker which cost $60 to keep track of what you doing wrong and it does help.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Yes it is! I with$ 5 raised 86$ but since I am not a fan of the bankroll and play exclusively for entertainment right, I can not of course say anything, I think the main component of building a bankroll it's accuracy! Thank you!

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is possible you have to have extreame bankroll management though. You have to play
low limit SNG's or NL2 until you build up 20-50 buy in's then move up to next level and continue to use those buy-n level to move up to next levels and repeat until you reach the higher limits and that's how you do it.

B

brandonkremb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sound Advice

Hello, I wonder, do you think its possible to build a good bankroll from low stakes? For example let's say you have only 5-10$ what you think it's the best way to start up the building? :confused: in other words from zero to hero!

If you are any good at 6-max cash games, I would start playing $0.01/$0.02 games. If you aren't any good at them and are more conservative try 9-max cash games. But be careful not to micromanage because there is a possibility of losing a few buy-ins. But if you need some help making decisions at the table, study up on expected value and what +EV plays are. It will really help you make solid decisions in cash games. If you are a tournament player and don't like cash games, stick to freeroll tournaments until you have around 50 buy-ins for $0.50+$0.05 turbo tournaments. They are good too because they have relatively small fields and you will make it into the money more often than most tournaments. Good luck!

Tamik228

Tamik228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very good motivation to start a bankroll from 0, I would recommend you to launch your YouTube channel and we’ll be happy to see it, good luck with your poker development....:icon_thum

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is possible, many times in last 2 years I have build my bankroll from 10$ to 1000-1500$ on Pokerstars at zoom games in few hours. But how I said in other post I can't keep my bankroll for more than a week.:)

Me too. I made it to $950US by finishing high in a tournament I won a ticket to (888). I took out $800US and built the $150 to $270 and then lost it when I got too aggressive and impatient. Here to learn!

P

passmg2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in canada and play 888. Is that the best site? Currently, I don't play any others. Thanks.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With proper BR management you can def come from the bottom to the top. I always used the 150x buyins for MTTs and 25x buyins for cash games and adjust accordingly.

Jesus Ferguson famously built from freerolls to 10k with a 1% risk rule.
I love this comment and the video. I watched and read up on Chris Fergusons BRM long ago and still think it's the best lesson I've ever learned for poker and life :)

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depositing

I have been playing the ACR freeroll and have been playing for a couple of hours but always get beat in the home stretch with a good hand. Last night I had a good stack of chips and someone went all in with KJ, I had pocket Aces and called and lost on the river to a straight. This kind of stuff keeps happening, so I was wondering if I deposit some money and play in other tourney would I fare any better on this site - ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

paulezzz

paulezzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re bankrool building

I think 10$ is never a garantee to build a bankroll but at least a way to start of playing and learning poker. I think 10k bb’s is the best bankroll management if you stay on your stakes. So $200 for 1-2cent no limit holdem. Otherwise everything is possible but you should always consider a bad run.

paulezzz

paulezzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re

I have been playing the ACR freeroll and have been playing for a couple of hours but always get beat in the home stretch with a good hand. Last night I had a good stack of chips and someone went all in with KJ, I had pocket Aces and called and lost on the river to a straight. This kind of stuff keeps happening, so I was wondering if I deposit some money and play in other tourney would I fare any better on this site - ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE!!!

No It wont matter because if someone calles with kj in a paid tournament the same result can happen. This is just bad luck and loose opponents which result in bad beats. I had it so many times. Just try to play some looser in the freerolls. Maybe try play suited connecters and not if the price is ok but when in position and you control the potsize.:rolleyes: Good luck;)

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course this is possible, but you have to play very carefully) I started with$ 20 and slowly rose to$100

Tox1cel

Tox1cel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say to play tournaments with small buy in 1 $ or 2 ...and play some KO with buy in of 1 :) and play only good cards on KO :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management