Building a healthy bankroll

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone got any tips for building your bankroll? Just starting out and struggling to build it. Thanks

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you plan to start your bankroll with a deposit or playing freerolls?

The strategy to play freerolls is different from the strategy to play tournaments paid, each buyn will have their difficulty and how to play.

The strategy most appropriate would play only good hands and in the final positions avoid involve many chips in speculative hands, not enter into coinflips unless you have many records and a good read of the opponent, care while playing against stacks smaller or too large. and the most important thing is not bluff too, study so long before Bluff.

If you are playing freerolls, wait get a value allowing it to play a buyn suitable to your level of game try to keep a bankroll 100 buyn level you want to play, and each time is climb level always keep in mind that should vote at the level previous case not be able to keep the level of buyn appropriate.

S

Samsamsonite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is simple. Cash games:at least 10 buy-ins. I deposited 200, played $25max until I had 500. Then moved to $50 max. It took me years to realize how important baankroll mngt is.

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The strategy to play freerolls is different from the strategy to play tournaments paid, each buyn will have their difficulty and how to play.

The strategy most appropriate would play only good hands and in the final positions avoid involve many chips in speculative hands, not enter into coinflips unless you have many records and a good read of the opponent, care while playing against stacks smaller or too large. and the most important thing is not Bluff too, study so long before Bluff.

If you are playing freerolls, wait get a value allowing it to play a buyn suitable to your level of game try to keep a bankroll 100 buyn level you want to play, and each time is climb level always keep in mind that should vote at the level previous case not be able to keep the level of buyn appropriate.

Thanks, I think I’m calling too many marginal hands. Will try to wait for a strong hand. Have been playing micro mtt on PokerStarsUK. Am going to practice on some freerolls to see if I can become a tighter player until I get to the final table or at least into the money.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience. Or, if you're rich, just keep depositing until you learn enough to maintain a decent bankroll.

Treat poker as a hobby.

And BTW, the answer to your question is the whole and nearly complete reason for CardsChat. There are resources here that stretch back a long time.

Last edited:
S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is simple. Cash games:at least 10 buy-ins. I deposited 200, played $25max until I had 500. Then moved to $50 max. It took me years to realize how important baankroll mngt is.

Yeah, I’m starting to realise how important it is. Thanks for the advice [emoji1303]

K

Kraljglista

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin and is good way to improve your bankroll,play between 2 am and 9 am Europe time,very bed and very drunk players(they must be,only drunk players can play that way :) ) at that time,one night i made 150 dollars from spin and go,begin with lowest by in :)

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay with us at Cardschat and do the requirements for the Freeroll Club. I'm sure soon a MOD will copy the links. This is the only REAL POKER when it comes to freerolls.
Meanwhile play as many as posible of the other freerolls and you will see, what I'm talking about. Be the same donk, but only with good cards, don't be the fish!!!

If you can afford to deposit 2 X 10$, I recommend pokerstars (0,10$ SnG 360 max) and 888, they offer a bunch of tickets (use them slowly eg daily and wisely to climb ub the poker-club ladder, that will give you additional freerolls starting with lvl.5)
Your 10$ use for the 1c Tournaments, latereg and win a ticket for the 10 c sit and goes, win 40 c and start from the beginning!!!
IF YOU CAN REPEAT THAT SEVERAL TIMES, AND MAKE 20$ OUT OF 10, YOU ARE READY FOR 0,40 c SnG's
You still win? climb up the ladder, you loose, back to PLAN A as soon as you have fallen to 10.
It's just the biggest Slotmachine in the World, you know? The Jackpot is hitting Quads AAAA agaist Quads KKKK on the wsop final table heads-up against your favorite Poker-Player :)
In any case you will need to play a solid poker to win anything, so start studying the strategy article, make qualified posts and you are on the right way to be a winning poker player!!!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB :damnmate: :party: :cheers:

Last edited:
S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin and is good way to improve your bankroll,play between 2 am and 9 am Europe time,very bed and very drunk players(they must be,only drunk players can play that way :) ) at that time,one night i made 150 dollars from spin and go,begin with lowest by in :)

Thanks, will give it a go when I’m not at work the next day. Might have a game or two tonight. [emoji1303]

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience. Or, if you're rich, just keep depositing until you learn enough to maintain a decent bankroll.

Treat poker as a hobby.

And BTW, the answer to your question is the whole and nearly complete reason for CardsChat. There are resources here that stretch back a long time.

Thanks, am starting to find my way round the forum. Just new to it so might ask several obvious questions until I get the hang of it.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first deposited and lost my cash. But thought poker was just a game of making money without studying it. Until now I am really understanding what poker really is. Here at Cardchat I have been streaming as much as I can and When I have time , It is really working myself up. I have been playing lots of Freerolls to learn strategy and know where i am standing. I have been alot os successful. Thanks to the knowledge you get here at Cardchat. Thanks cardchat once again...

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
READ THIS!!!

If people talk about BRM (Bank Roll Management) they mostly only tell what the amount is you can max put in a game.
But the most important rule of BRM (in my opinion) is when to stop!!!

For tournements its easy just pay from 1% up to max 5% of your BR.(you can't stop in a tournement)

For any type of game where you can quit any time you can spent 10% to 15% of youre BR; but here it's important to know when to stop! If you reach 5 to 6 times youre input you MUST stop, leave the table. You may go right back to play at another table for 10% to 15% of youre BR if you want to play more; but here the same rule of quiting is applied.

If you don't stop this way you can't be shure to have a healty BR.
The boundry on the input helps you to play longer with the money you have; but it is the stopping rule that helps you to grow in youre BR!

The right % to put in and the right amount when to stop depents on youre win/lose ratio. If you win (getting ex. 5 times the input) 1 out of 7 times you should make it up to 6 times the input (but this will lower youre youre win-ratio).

If you don't know how many times you win or lose; keep track of it; this is the dull part of the game if you realy want to improve.

Good luck.

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
READ THIS!!!

If people talk about BRM (Bank Roll Management) they mostly only tell what the amount is you can max put in a game.
But the most important rule of BRM (in my opinion) is when to stop!!!

For tournements its easy just pay from 1% up to max 5% of your BR.(you can't stop in a tournement)

For any type of game where you can quit any time you can spent 10% to 15% of youre BR; but here it's important to know when to stop! If you reach 5 to 6 times youre input you MUST stop, leave the table. You may go right back to play at another table for 10% to 15% of youre BR if you want to play more; but here the same rule of quiting is applied.

If you don't stop this way you can't be shure to have a healty BR.
The boundry on the input helps you to play longer with the money you have; but it is the stopping rule that helps you to grow in youre BR!

The right % to put in and the right amount when to stop depents on youre win/lose ratio. If you win (getting ex. 5 times the input) 1 out of 7 times you should make it up to 6 times the input (but this will lower youre youre win-ratio).

If you don't know how many times you win or lose; keep track of it; this is the dull part of the game if you realy want to improve.

Good luck.

Top advice. Seems logical. Will try to keep in mind when choosing games to play and definitely when to stop. That is definitely one of my weaknesses that I need to work on. [emoji1303]

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first deposited and lost my cash. But thought poker was just a game of making money without studying it. Until now I am really understanding what poker really is. Here at Cardchat I have been streaming as much as I can and When I have time , It is really working myself up. I have been playing lots of Freerolls to learn strategy and know where i am standing. I have been alot os successful. Thanks to the knowledge you get here at Cardchat. Thanks cardchat once again...

Thanks, think I’m going to start practicing with freeroll tournaments and try to improve that way first. [emoji1303]

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to build a bankroll on freerolls, freerolls from the forum will suit you very much! Here, good practice for the future. I would also advise you to choose your own discipline and study it well, these are the strategies and the correct game in different stages. I chose the SNG 9 max, And it's necessary to play only on a bankroll, in the SNG it's at least 60 bahines. Good luck!

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With $50,00 is easy playing cash NL2 or sng $0,25 45 players

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to build a bankroll on freerolls, freerolls from the forum will suit you very much! Here, good practice for the future. I would also advise you to choose your own discipline and study it well, these are the strategies and the correct game in different stages. I chose the SNG 9 max, And it's necessary to play only on a bankroll, in the SNG it's at least 60 bahines. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I do enjoy playing SNG and have had some success but then it all goes again. I think I am trying to hard to build a bankroll. I need to learn more patience, any tips or advice for that?

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone got any tips for building your bankroll? Just starting out and struggling to build it. Thanks
I havent read other responses, so I might say what others have said already.

Don't deposit money. Ever
Play with play money and practice in freerolls. Get a feel for the game, start a thread where you post hands and feedback. Learn, progress. Once you get to 75 or more quality posts you can apply for the cardschat freerolls. Win one or two and you'll have 50$. From there you can start building. This is easily achievable in 2 months if you put the time in.

The reason I think this is a good way to build your BR is that you dont take shortcuts. You're not skipping levels and you shouldnt because the higher the stake, the tougher the field. Make sure you're winning in the previous level before moving on to the next.

S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent read other responses, so I might say what others have said already.

Don't deposit money. Ever
Play with play money and practice in freerolls. Get a feel for the game, start a thread where you post hands and feedback. Learn, progress. Once you get to 75 or more quality posts you can apply for the cardschat freerolls. Win one or two and you'll have 50$. From there you can start building. This is easily achievable in 2 months if you put the time in.

The reason I think this is a good way to build your BR is that you dont take shortcuts. You're not skipping levels and you shouldnt because the higher the stake, the tougher the field. Make sure you're winning in the previous level before moving on to the next.

Thanks, top advice. I’m going to give it a go. I’m starting to build up my posts on here to get in on the freerolls then will cut my teeth on them before moving up to harder tournaments. Hopefully this way I won’t keep losing all my money. [emoji1303]

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing to do is to determine the discipline and the room in which you will play. Then it is desirable to register with the affiliate to get additional buns and rakeback. Then make the first Deposit and get the bonus. Everyone has their own appetites and what bankroll is for you to be comfortable, too, you decide, ie, this is the goal that you set for yourself. A very important factor is BRM and if it is followed by success is guaranteed. From myself I want to add that if you before his game earned and now not, then it is worth considering and rethink the old game, which brought profit.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good bankrool is really important.If you don't have controll you can became a slave of freerools.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The strategy most appropriate would play only good hands and in the final positions avoid involve many chips in speculative hands, not enter into coinflips unless you have many records and a good read of the opponent, care while playing against stacks smaller or too large. and the most important thing is not Bluff too, study so long before Bluff.

it's just that I'm starting to do that because lately I'm just giving up on the 1.10 tournament. play now only great AA KK QQ AKs

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hey. It all depends on the format of the game. Even in micros cash game you need a bankroll of 40bi and more. Give more information about yourself and you'll be given a more accurate answer. I also recommend visiting the site pokerdope dot com

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management