Building a bankroll: for tournament players!

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I come to share information that I found very useful. I took it from the YouTube channel of the great Benc, founder of the Raise your edge school.

When you are building your bankroll you should try to play the format with as little variance as possible. Cash! many will say. But the truth is that cash is a format that requires your own study.

I am not going to discuss here the usefulness of studying cash for MTT players, it seems to me that it is the subject of another thread.

So what are we left with? STT (Single Table Tournaments)

At a $1.5 regular speed 9-player table the variance is very low.

It's easy to have a positive win rate since most are weak players.

It is also useful for MTT practice.

The biggest problem is rake, 16% if I'm not mistaken. So Ben suggests moving quickly to the next level, at $ 3.5, where it drops to 12.5%.

50 buy ins of $3.5 ($175) should be enough to level up. But once you've settled as a winner at the $ 1.5 you can dare to try the $3.5 once you hit $100, dropping back down to the $ 1.5 level if your bank drops to, say, $75

Well that's it. I hope the idea is useful to someone. For me it has.

Good luck, and see you at the tables!

F

Fjarri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, the lower the player count, the lower the variance. If you truly want low variance, you could play HUSNG. Rake is also lowest in HU across (I think) all sites.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello mate!! If the truth is the best format so that the variance does not destroy our banking and thus be able with work and discipline to climb levels without stopping playing tournaments. I am currently playing those sit and go games and I really believe that the information you provide is very significant, as I have always lost my bench due to bad game choices. over time we can probably discuss which is the best strategy to cross those limits! greetings and good luck !!

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are smart guy, thank you so much.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management