BRM w/ Bitcoin

lordsherman

lordsherman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope this is a good section to post this but I am kind of lost on what to do here. I assume a good chunk of players use bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals as I will be doing. My issue here is in regards to bankroll management. I read that you never really want to have all of it on a site at one time. This makes sense as to avoid any errors with the site or any shady business practices to completely wipe you out. Since I am using bitcoin I dont really want to have excess bitcoin just sitting in my wallet due to volatility. I dont have a very large roll at the moment its roughly $900. I am not sure if I should only put a portion of it on a site or the whole thing since its not very big. I hope someone could give me some advice regarding this.

G

GeorgeCarlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what cash limits, or what buy-ins tournaments you gonna play. I think is better to put only a portion, and play low cash limits, or not big buy-in tournaments.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually there are no fees to deposit. Bitcoin is faster now than it was 2 months ago. I would only deposit what I needed to play with for a day or 2. Why "risk" your coin or "lock it up" on a site when you aren't actively using it?

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It may be worth reading one of the many CardsChat articles about bankroll management which may help you. The other thing to consider is that in times when the bitcoin is losing value, you are better having the poke site carry those losses, as they often convert your bitcoin deposit to USD and therefore your holding is more stable, but when bitcoin is growing, you are best holding them yourself, rather than the poker site gaining from their incresae in value.