Which books do you recommend?

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than recommending books, personally I would advise you to see the transmissions in Twitch of Pro players, you learn more there, and it also depends on which mode. For example, for the tournaments there is Strapes, Tonkaaa, or most of all Team Pro, they usually give advice and styles of play in every action they do while they are in the tournament.

If your modality is the cash, look at the cash games of pokerstars (the big, poker night), or also the Live in the Bike channel, the latter my favorite since it is free and updated. The styles of game in poker tend to evolve, although it is true that in the books is the "Manual", the ideal is to go hand in hand with the contemporary current.
Regards!

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now i'm listening the audiobook, "The Poker Mindset", it is really great to learn how to be and play in the poker world.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I recommend everyone to read the book Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker".
This book was the most useful for me.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Theory Of Poker - David Sklansky
Every Hand Revealed - Gus Hansen
Power Hold'em Atrategy- Daniel Negreanu

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POSITIVITY: You Are Always In The Right Place At The Right Time by phil hellmuth.
this man has fourteen world series bracelets!!!!

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two tournament books by Alex Fitzgerald;Exploitative play in live poker and The myth of poker talent (online)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Harrington on tournaments. Still awesome.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyle Brunson has a really good poker books, I recommend to find some of his books

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a great list of books here in CardsChat. I think the Harrington on Hold'em trilogy is a great place to start, but be aware that some of its ideas are a little outdated. If you already have some knowledge and are into poker math, Matthew Janda's Applications of No-Limit Hold'em is a very interesting read.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stick with Harrington on Tournaments and Cash. So say a little too much old school. I guess it just fits me.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I loved "Excelling at No Limit holdem" by Johnathon Little and a ton of other people. It's really great to see a book written from different perspectives like this one while still having a ton of great information packed into it.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just look for poker books to read, what do you guys recommend?

I read super system 2
Also Erik Lindgren's book
and Daniel Negraneau's 1st book, I think he has more then 1 ?
I really suggest Super System 1 or 2 or both
or ..
Online Ace......Scott Fischmann's book, if you play mostly online that one is full of gold.
Didn't read it all but have seen enough tips from it.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again same question....as they said to you there is great topic on this here. However the book i would recommend you and i see nobody else was is the Essential Poker Math,expanded edition by Alton Hardin.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Hi there .You can of course read a book but otherwise there are so many infos online about poker and moves.For me youtube and poker hands helped me a lot.I saw how pros are playing (set traps fold weak hands etc).

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're mostly playing online, "The Grinders Manual" has been pretty helpful since coming back to poker.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the video tutorials are better than books. The books are slow. The streams are also very good, it is easier to get through. The most famous players have very good books, look for it, there is a lot of.

N

Nymets5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a new player myself, I have found the little green poker book to be really helpful

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can recommend the training poker school from PS, as well as Phil Gordon.
Roy Rounder Poker math. This book is very small, but very useful. In it, you will not find anything extra. It is dedicated to the mathematics of poker and collected only the most necessary things. This book has another advantage over others. All that it has is written in a simple accessible language. So everyone will understand it.

Tom Jerry

Tom Jerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just look for poker books to read, what do you guys recommend?
My friend advised me to Den Harington. He is an experienced player .. This is of course old stuff, according to many, but for beginners it will go!