Books

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really enjoy reading books about poker. Now I am reading essential poker math. What book does you guys recommend to me?

Thanks!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really enjoy reading books about poker. Now I am reading essential poker math. What book does you guys recommend to me?

Thanks!

"Poker Mindset" by Ian Taylor, Matthew Hilger.... Second most important book after strategy types...

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Thanks!

What level of poker are you playing? If you are a complete novice, I would recommend Jonathan Little's Strategies for beating small stakes poker cash games. He also does a tournament one, too.

If you are a bit more experienced I would suggest David Sklanksy's The Theory of Poker.

If you have played for a while but want to take your game to the next level I would suggest Jonathan Little's Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em. This is quite a tough read and very "heavy" but if you're serious about playing higher than 5NL and winning, you need to read this book.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Jonathan Little, I just like the way he teaches the game.:D