Book recommendation

Z

zipz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Which poker book would you recommend for a beginner? Are there books, that especially discuss online poker?

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nathan Williams Crushing The Microstakes.

S

stevethebook

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, it depends really what you're playing (cash games/sit n gos/MTTs) I played a lot of sit n gos and MTTs when I first started playing, I found Harrington on Hold Em volumes 1 and 2 good books to read. For sit n gos I read Colin moshmans book which has some good stuff about ICM, hope this helps, good luck with whichever format you play.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I recommend any Mike Caro book. In particular, Holdems most profitable advice. His books will help you learn how to THINK about poker. He touches a lot on poker image too, a very underrated aspect of poker for beginner/intermediate players.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I recommend any Mike Caro book. In particular, Holdems most profitable advice. His books will help you learn how to THINK about poker. He touches a lot on poker image too, a very underrated aspect of poker for beginner/intermediate players.

got a link where we can get a preview of the book?

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't find one but I will say you can become a winning poker on this book alone. Read it, re-read it, and practice!!!

Z

zipz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, it depends really what you're playing (cash games/sit n gos/MTTs) I played a lot of sit n gos and MTTs when I first started playing, I found Harrington on Hold Em volumes 1 and 2 good books to read. For sit n gos I read Colin moshmans book which has some good stuff about ICM, hope this helps, good luck with whichever format you play.
Thanks! I want to try to start with SNGs, so these are good suggestions. Thank you!

Thanks! The list looks very interesting :)

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise the book Harrington on hold'em is one of the most authoritative textbooks in the world in tournaments No-Limit Texas Hold'em. This is a mandatory three-volume edition for those who want to achieve high results in the game called poker.As she read it!!!!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Hold'em (Phil Gordon)

Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play (Dan Harrington)

Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments (Jonathan Little)

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which poker book would you recommend for a beginner? Are there books, that especially discuss online poker?

Books: All of them
Online poker: It's called Google

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a beginner I recommend Phil Gordon's Little Green book. It's an easy read and easy to use concepts. After that I recommend reading "The Middle Zone" by Annie Duke. Another short read but one that can save you from tossing away a lot of money.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginner, I would recommend Kill Phil. It was specifically written for newer players.