N

NaranjoEnFlor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Books

I want to lean more.

Wich books would you recommend to improve fundamentals??

Thanks!!

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to absolutely read books, I would suggest Phil Gordon's color book (all of them).

But I like better improving m skills by watching the tournaments replays AND practicing. Even Play money is not THAT bad to lern when you go to higher stakes.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching tournaments and actually listening to the commentators is a good AV book for the lazy man

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I read Ed Miller's book Texas Hold'em for Beginners.
Without a doubt, this book was helpful to me

N

NaranjoEnFlor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks You Lena!!! I'll find it.

N

NaranjoEnFlor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to absolutely read books, I would suggest Phil Gordon's color book (all of them).

But I like better improving m skills by watching the tournaments replays AND practicing. Even Play money is not THAT bad to lern when you go to higher stakes.
Yup I watch videos and some players videos everyday. [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Thanks a lot!! I'll find out.

P

pawel1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What a book you recommend to learn poker?

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend books by Dan Harrington. He has several books about poker. I found it very informative, they have a lot of practical examples with good explanation and pointing also to mistakes .

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, all books were written before online poker appeared. In those days there were not as many tournaments and players as now.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unlimited heads-up hold'em for experts (Will Tipton)
According to the author, the poker book Heads Up Guide explains in simple language all the little things about this type of tournament, right down to which hands to open preflop. Personally, I learned a lot from it and it is relevant in 2019.

Ratto666999

Ratto666999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Books

Does anyone refer me any good books for learning MTT strategies?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I recommend reading articles on poker sites and watching other players play these days. Poker is changing and books are becoming obsolete.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more you need to visit this site Cardschat here is all you need

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
http://pokerbooks.lt/books/en/05_01_en.pdf harrington pdf book on mzone and other things you can use in poker

good luck my friends is a lot of information go slow is hard to learn to apply these strategies in tournaments.... i use this book and read a ton and go over my pt4 pokertracker 4 play etc... mzone is my biggest used stat honestly.... I do not always follow it cause i play often from behind.... yet is a ton of things in this book that helps my game outside of just the mzone factors:) Good luck

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unfortunately, all books were written before online poker appeared. In those days there were not as many tournaments and players as now.

This is untrue... there's been many more books written since online poker & the poker boom began.
For someone just getting started, Harrington on Hold'em is a good place to start (for Tournament play). fwiw, Will Tipton's HU books would be a terrible place to start from.... way too complicated for a beginner.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are looking to learn how to play the game of poker and the rules of poker or just general strategy and game theory of poker? Is there a specific type of poker that you are looking to target?

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think as old as they are good places to start include The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky and agree very much with the Dan Harrington references have read both his cash game and tournament books and think they give an excellent starting point ....but there are a ton more .... and I think you could find something useful in even the oldest offerings

try_me_shove777

try_me_shove777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Books

can someone please advise on the top 5 most potent and technical poker books out there. Books that have information that is relevant at even the highest stakes. i would appreciate books that have a mathematical take on: poker variance of the many variety of situations, reg exploiting and hand reading, GTO!! as deep as GTO gets, detailed treatment of ICM. thank you :) :)

Last edited: