Book For learning poker

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What books you can offer me for learning poker and mtt? In this days im overloaded myself with playing poker and start getting weird with loosing. and tilting. I need a break to rewind myself :D

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Harrington on Holdem (3 volumes) are brilliant, and widely considered so.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything you can find in a book can be found on sites like this to be honest. Ive been playing about 15 years and if i had my time again.I would suggest joining a study group of like minded players. Joining a small study group who are willing to do sweat sessions and review hands. Is probably the best way to learn these days. Not that you cant learn anything from a poker book but i just dont think its very productive these days when you concider the alternatives.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As above Harrington on hold em is a good place to start. However really recommend reading How to Study Poker by Sky Matsuhashi first. You'll find you get so much more out of learning materials once you have.

P

pkrtrainer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly wouldnt read books but if you intend to - The grinders manual is ok for starting in cash.
Dont know much about MTT books but would advise you to watch a winning player on twitch and think about the reason why they are doing what they are doing.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly wouldnt read books but if you intend to - The grinders manual is ok for starting in cash.
Dont know much about MTT books but would advise you to watch a winning player on twitch and think about the reason why they are doing what they are doing.

Why wouldn't you read books?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I can recommend the following books:
The Easy Game - Andrew Seidman
Texas Holdem for beginners - Ed Miller
Good luck.

P

pkrtrainer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why wouldn't you read books?

A lot of outdated information.

Paying $25 for a book or something like run it once essential for a month......or even $5 red chip poker core is far more valuable.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of outdated information.

Paying $25 for a book or something like run it once essential for a month......or even $5 red chip poker core is far more valuable.

Yes there is some outdated information but a lot can be learned in how strategy has developed from what it was. Plus there is also a lot of core information that is very valuable. Books have their place in poker study you just need to know how to get the most out of them.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crushing the Microstakes by "BlackRain79".He is the best and most expensive too.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For an all around, both theoretical and straightforward academic learning of poker :
1) Elements of Poker by Tommy Angelo
2) The Theory of Poker by David Sklanksy
3) The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler and Barry Carter
4) Small Stakes No Limit Holdem by Ed Miller
5) Applications of No Limit Holdem by Mathew Janda

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seen a few people advising against books as a learning method. Just want to say I've tried YouTube vids, twitch streams, free articles, mobile Apps and more. I found books improved my poker play more than any other resource. We all learn differently! And while some books have some outdated information some of them have a lot of timeless info too.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jared Tendler's book gave me good help and motivation
for me that was enough.
then you need to develop in a community of like-minded people, communicate with other players of the discipline in which you want to develop. This is a modern approach to learning

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for books you offers me guys. I start from Harrington On Holdem!