Body Language (reading faces for tells)

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like the title suggests, this thread is about reading body language for tells. More specifically reading facial expressions for tells. I really want to add an understanding of facial expressions to my arsenal of tools at my disposal while at the tables.

I just did a quick google search on the subject and I found this.

Unmasking the Face : A Guide to Recognizing Emotions from Facial Expressions

by Paul Ekman and Wallace V. Friesen

This book seems like it might be a good start for what I am trying learn. Has anyone else read this book? If so what did you think of it? Did the book help you to read others better at the table? What have you read to help you understand what you are seeing at the table?

After writing this post I realized I had better clarify that I am asking about the facial tells. I already own a copy of Mike Caro's book of tells. I want to talk about books covering facial mannerism and expressions .

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know any Youtube videos that are about micro and macro facial expressions at the poker table?

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to understand better about this subject, expressions of faces, and gestures, it is best to study psychology, human behavior, are themes totally outside of poker, more than for those who play live can make a very big difference to discover bluffs, opponents .

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are books about it and videos you can see examples. As much as you play live you ll learn to read people. The way they bet for example its a move they always need to do. Look how fast they bet, how they put the chips in the middle, if they hesitate a little. Only time a lot of practice and study you will improve that point. Keep up the good work !

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I Love It

I just let my sub conscious read the other players tells. Consciously I try and deceive players by creating false tells. Smile and stare after you went all in with the nuts, works every time LOL.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can watch Lie to me, it has some good insides. Don't trust everything you see, but you can adapt some info from there ti your opponents.

Poker Tells