Board pairing in omaha?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it me or is the board supposed to be paired a lot more than holdem?
I started playing pot limit omaha and omaha hi/lo on this indian site and saw board pairing very often!
I took 25 continous hands from 10 different session and found that out of 250 times 122 times the board paired
Out of every 2.5 hands the board paired 1.22 times?
Is it supposed to pair more often or is the site fishy?

Ps: there is lot of pairing in holdem also on this site but not as much as omaha?
Please enlighten me

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing pot limit omaha and omaha hi/lo on this indian site and saw board pairing very often!
I took 25 continous hands from 10 different session and found that out of 250 times 122 times the board paired

Ps: there is lot of pairing in holdem also on this site but not as much as omaha?
Please enlighten me

According to Cardschat it should be 4.9 to 1 on the flop and 1.36 to 1 by the river. Look at the bottom of this article.
https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-and-outs

But either way, there should be no difference between hold'em and omaha IF you view it over the course of thousands of hands

R

rickygstar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the board pairs often even in live games

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Please enlighten me

The board should pair the same number of types whether you are playing Omaha or holdem.

A sample of 250 boards is a miniscule number.

It is definitely possible statistically that whatever results you experienced were a short-term anomaly.

We can expect that a paired board creates more action in Omaha and often less action in holdem.

But it is also possible that the RNG on that site is too predictable and you can exploit your knowledge of it.

Good luck !

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The board should pair the same number of types whether you are playing Omaha or holdem.

A sample of 250 boards is a miniscule number.

It is definitely possible statistically that whatever results you experienced were a short-term anomaly.

We can expect that a paired board creates more action in Omaha and often less action in holdem.

But it is also possible that the RNG on that site is too predictable and you can exploit your knowledge of it.

Good luck !
I have been playing omaha hi/lo for 1 year and have a lot more size than this and the result is same!

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something else I just thought of. In Omaha you see way more flops than you see in Hold'em. It is rare for everyone to fold pre-flop in Omaha, but happens all th time in Hold'em. That could be the difference maker.