Bluffing

A

Atodaso204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff? If so how often?..
Do you consider a preflop raise with low cards a bluff or more of a "range finder"? I Find it's tricky to play against someone that uses low cards alot, it's hard to say if they hit something or not..

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is simply storytelling..your story has to add up for a bluff to work. Or you bluff simply to get caught which has its own advantages later in the game which you can later use when you have the nuts and people think your bluffing.:)

You have to bluff to win in poker, if you only play honest poker you will end up broke.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Do you bluff? If so how often?..
Do you consider a preflop raise with low cards a bluff or more of a "range finder"? I Find it's tricky to play against someone that uses low cards alot, it's hard to say if they hit something or not..

everyone bluffs at some point. I will say such a thing. if you are not sure that you can deceive the opponent it is better to immediately reset. the bluff can be two-sided.:icon_tong

A

Atodaso204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is simply storytelling..your story has to add up for a bluff to work. Or you bluff simply to get caught which has its own advantages later in the game which you can later use when you have the nuts and people think your bluffing.:)

You have to bluff to win in poker, if you only play honest poker you will end up broke.
Yup that's for sure there is a timing for everything in poker

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff

bluffing I don't really like bluffing because most of the time I get caught bluffing and this ends up compromising my game and my chips I like to play safe 90% of the tournaments

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bluffing is part of poker. Just make sure your story looks good!

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite bluff is when first I have a low hand, I rise a little and then if I don't have a winning hand I call to let my opponents see my cards. Then the oponnents will think that I'm probably bluffing when I rise. If you rise , or go all in only with good cards nobody will call your rise, only if they have also a good hand.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ranges

Hello, I do not think that a raise with low cards is a bluff, if we raise only good cards it is very easy to discover how we play. opening range must be varied, regards

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very very seldom bluff, I do semi-bluff once in a while if I outs justify it.
I do not think there is any such thing as a pre-flop bluff. Any 3 cards can fall, it is only after you see the flop it is considered a bluff.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the bluff is a valid part of the game but it should not be abused, since it is dangerous when you come across high games in unfavorable positions, but still it is valid to play with people and not with cards. Saltudos:cool:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have been playing poker for two years, but I have not learned to bluff well yet. It is difficult for me. Usually if I bluff, I lose.

A

Adakain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff is an integral part of the game. And without it, you can't go far with luck playing poker. I don't often bluff, but I do occasionally use this technique.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff, but RARELY, more often than not, I stick strictly to the game theory and pot odds.
Usually I bluff when there are signs that it makes sense to bluff. The board and betting patterns show that a nice bluff could work. Otherwise, no, I do not bluff.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to bluff but I won't do it so often so I say about 15% of my poker I bluff and 85% I play my cards the correct way.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a part of the game and it's hard to imagine a winning player who never bluffs. It's just a matter of being selective - either scare card hits, or there is a big pot we can't win other way etc. There are also continuation bets that can be treated as bluffs and of course semi-bluffs with for example a draw. All of that should be in arsenal of a poker player.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't bluff as often as I used to :D That is an accurate response. Obviously, I will bluff less or more on any given day for factors like mood, how loose the table is playing, how my table image is viewed etc. but every single game is too different to generalize. In general though, I bluff less than I used to; I used to think I could bluff anyone off a hand at x-amount, or x-move, or whatever, but some players just never fold or it is extremely hard for them to give up top pair or a straight draw and so on (now I look forward to meeting these players at my table xD).

Now that I know I can just patiently wait for a hand I think is best and value bet them to death, I've improved a lot because I used to be the guy that thought I could bluff a calling station and would then lose half my stack when they get lucky on the River.

We should also discuss how bluffing isn't always the same though. A semi-bluff to the nuts is not the same as bluffing with complete air. A discussion on bluffing wouldn't be complete if we didn't also address various types of bluffs as unique categories.

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not bluff against Russians and Brazilians ) that is all you have to know about bluffing. When you play a more expensive tables bluff is more useful because the amount of crazy players is much more less and you can play as a real poker player.Do not bluff on the cheaper tables, players do not respect their time and money there):cool:

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we don't play cards, we play people

Your hands are not so important if you understand your opponent's game well. Bluff is a powerful poker tool, the main thing is to use it wisely and in the right situation. After reading your opponent, you can bluff endlessly. If the opponent gives me enough fold equity, I will raise at least every hand.:)

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Whoever does not bluff never wins. There's time for everything in the game hahaha

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I do "Bluff" .... it is clear that if you expect to play only with premium hands ... your chances of winning are very low ... it is a matter of mathematics ... however you cannot be "Bluff" to every moment since they will discover you and you will end up losing everything ...

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to bluff less and play more with a good card. In most cases, bluffing results in a loss of chips.

A

Atodaso204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again tons of great replies! Thank you all for taking the time.
Bluffing is important I think, but you have to be mindful of what kind of player you are trying to bluff.

A

Atodaso204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect answer

we don't play cards, we play people

Your hands are not so important if you understand your opponent's game well. Bluff is a powerful poker tool, the main thing is to use it wisely and in the right situation. After reading your opponent, you can bluff endlessly. If the opponent gives me enough fold equity, I will raise at least every hand.:)
Yes! I totally agree with this.

A

Atodaso204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lmfao

Do not bluff against Russians and Brazilians ) that is all you have to know about bluffing. When you play a more expensive tables bluff is more useful because the amount of crazy players is much more less and you can play as a real poker player.Do not bluff on the cheaper tables, players do not respect their time and money there):cool:
I ain't even joking I laughed at this 1. Because I learned from expertience, this one time me and another guy kept trying to bluff this Russian dude and he would call with literally anything we had a good laugh tho

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a saying in our country ,, you need to be able to drink alcohol, it's the same with bluffing