Bluff or not

C

crakss12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the book says a certain hand is a loser 60 percent of the time, how would this change if you know your opponent likes to raise with weak hands at this point, and if you suspect he is bluffing?

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you suspect he is bluffing ... raise!

vmsizo

vmsizo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think that the player is bluffing, raise the bet. In general, it is very difficult to understand when a player bluffs. It must be somehow felt. Some people recognize with great ease when a player bluffs. In general, we all play differently.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I would first watch him, I would stop going a couple of hands to know how he plays, see what his movements are, until he knows if he bluffs or if he only goes when he has high cards, from there I would prepare myself to know how and when to face him and win him Their chips.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are playing against someone who is playing 80% of their hands aggressively (a maniac), how do you feel calling with your 60% hand? You will win against the bottom 20% of his hands but lose to the rest. That means you will lose 3 times for every time you win.

Do you really want to take this hand to war? Can't you find a better hand just by waiting a little bit?

Sure, you could try and bluff-raise him, but then you're playing his game and he is going to be a lot better at it than you.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If the book says a certain hand is a loser 60 percent of the time, how would this change if you know your opponent likes to raise with weak hands at this point, and if you suspect he is bluffing?

Well, if your cards were on the board it is easy to call or raise. If all you got are bricks, yea, i would trust this hand is one of those 60 percent hands that author was talking about and fold it down.

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bluffs are mostly put into your c-bet range. After that, it's how the hand is played.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff very rarely, I try to bluff less because I started losing a lot, and it's hard for a player to know that he is bluffing to play with him for a long time and more often to open, or you should have a good card for such cases with a bluff

K

KenZziy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just notice how to plays,if you say that he's bluffing a lot,then see what happens when people call him,had people before raised him?how did he react?
Well,you could be unlucky and raise when he had a good hand,but if he does it often,just raise him,the odds are on your side.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff sometime but not always.. bluff on tight player only..

its me: DONK. you can call me (call center)

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, I would have 10 percent added to this, because not always guess what a bluff...

AlayneBarros

AlayneBarros

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to figure out that your opponent is bluffing is to have the best hand possible in a move, then yes you pick him up.

K

kaueue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Concordo com a Aline, você tendo mão possível e/ou algum conjunto de cartas que você sinta que está ganhando, mas é fácil você pegar um blefador na mesa... O ruim se ele não blefa muito...

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Concordo com a Aline, você tendo mão possível e/ou algum conjunto de cartas que você sinta que está ganhando, mas é fácil você pegar um blefador na mesa... O ruim se ele não blefa muito...

Translated:
I agree with Aline, you have a possible hand and / or some set of cards that you feel you are winning, but it is easy for you to get a bluff on the table ... Bad if he does not bluff too much ...

kaueue, por favor, tente usar o inglês nas principais áreas deste fórum.

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like bluff. Sometimes it helps to make money with nothing

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed with myself that very often I think that the opponent is bluffing, but almost always it turns out that he has a stronger hand. I try every time as soon as the thought arises that the opponent is bluffing - fold. Sometimes it interferes with aggressive players, but at a distance collecting nuts and getting another all-in you can win, because the opponent is sure that I fold again.

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players are bluffing with a plan. You think that he is bluffing all the time and when he gets a good hand, you think he is bluffing you again and you get killed. But bluffing is not good in a long path.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play live, you can bluff. In online games, I think it makes no sense.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you play live, you can bluff. In online games, I think it makes no sense.

Why would bluffs be a good thing in live poker, but bad online? What is different about the game when you transition from live to virtual? Since bluffing is a fundamental component of poker, are you claiming it is impossible to play poker online?

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When in doubt raise.

Every single time I have doubt about the strength of my hand, even the bottom of my button stealing range when I get played back at? How much should I raise?