Bluff catching and blockers

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been doing some studying on calling down when holding a bluff catching or marginal hand and I'm getting a little confused.
If by the river we are facing a bet and there are numerous missed flush draws we DONT want to hold any cards of that suit? Because it allows villain to have more flush draws in their range?
If However their is a board with straight possibilities, we DO want to hold cards that block combos that make straights? Or dont we? Because we want villian to have missed more missed draws in their range.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
stratergy

I've been doing some studying on calling down when holding a bluff catching or marginal hand and I'm getting a little confused.
If by the river we are facing a bet and there are numerous missed flush draws we DONT want to hold any cards of that suit? Because it allows villain to have more flush draws in their range?
If However their is a board with straight possibilities, we DO want to hold cards that block combos that make straights? Or dont we? Because we want villian to have missed more missed draws in their range.

To answer your question, this boils down to reading and collecting information on your opponent before attempting to catch bluffs learn how different aggressive opponents at the table play learn their bet patterns then you will be able to catch their bluffs :D:cool:

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer your question, this boils down to reading and collecting information on your opponent before attempting to catch bluffs learn how different aggressive opponents at the table play learn their bet patterns then you will be able to catch their bluffs :D:cool:

Understandable, but player specific reads aside and more in terms of card removal regarding combos.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting

The two examples you offer are opposite not equal examples.

First is missed flush draws-second is made straights. If it were missed straights then the 2 are equal.

We would not want to be holding straight blockers if the straight did not come in just like no flush cards.

If however the straight is possible we want cards that limit the straight combos.

A good point about bluff catching in the possible straight spot is why is the V bluffing when the straight card comes if we can have the straight? That requires knowing board runouts and betting patterns and ranges as well as player tendencies.

Hope this helps
:):)

Last edited: