Bluff at Poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many tournaments there are players who use the bluff strategy. What measures could a beginner player use to avoid falling into this game strategy?

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is such a thing as invariance. Some calculations can be used to determine the correct bluff frequency. There is also such a thing as a player's image: if you have played tight for a long time, then you can bluff a couple of times ))

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is like a separate institution in poker
use it in the game or be able to recognize it, this comes with experience and understanding of the game
there is no exact definition of winning a bluff.
..bluffing gives the game a danger of chic and brilliance, but it is always dangerous both for you and for others, depending on how it is ordered or recognized
everything comes with experience and gut

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many tournaments there are players who use the bluff strategy. What measures could a beginner player use to avoid falling into this game strategy?
I think you shouldn't think about it. It's better to just show your best game by playing cards, and not watch someone blather or not.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you are playing at the micros bluffing less works. Lot's of players will call you down with not much, so I think if you play your value hands strongly and try to extract the max value from them you will do fine. If you've got a good hand against someone who bluffs a lot let them hang themselves. If you look to add bluffs to your play, start with spots where players will tighten up like on the bubble. If you have the bigger stack and you can threaten their tourney life your bluffs are more likely to get through. GL!

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Bluff

I know many tight players and 99 out of 100 you will never catch. The trick for me is do not abuse the bluff and other players will respect your play. This comes with years of play so watch your bluff and do not get caught with your pants down. Capo1014

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The important thing is to understand why you are bluffing and who you are trying to bluff.

It's important to be able to bet chips without having a 'made hand', but it's largely a balancing act. Hopefully the video above can help with understanding that.

If you'd like more info check out this playlist http://gripsed.com/win

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, everything is very simple. The beginner should simply ignore the provocative actions of opponents, be patient and play only with strong cards.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, everything is very simple. The beginner should simply ignore the provocative actions of opponents, be patient and play only with strong cards.
True man, ignore and play your game

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bluff strategy is not an easy strategy to learn, I often play tight but sometimes I use the bluff to mix my play so opponents can often call my value bet.

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How bigger his stack, how gresater the bluffs they make. You can easy double up on these players.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a part of the game. Its always there and you will learn how to recognize it as you learn more about poker itself.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without bluffing, poker would be just picking hands! But the art of bluffing is a very difficult thing that takes a long time to learn - there are a lot of nuances here!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So who's bluffing? You or him? If he's bluffing puts the entire stack on the river, and you don't have anything, then it turns out you're bluffing) If you have something, then put it if you don't have anything, then fold what can I advise here. I'll say, " if you have a weak or medium hand, it's better to pass," you'll Still be in the black. I don't like bluffing.

Shantaram

Shantaram

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is like a separate institution in poker
use it in the game or be able to recognize it, this comes with experience and understanding of the game
there is no exact definition of winning a bluff.
..bluffing gives the game a danger of chic and brilliance, but it is always dangerous both for you and for others, depending on how it is ordered or recognized
everything comes with experience and gut

chic and brillance, I like that.
I find nothing gets the heart beating more than pulling off a bluff. Your opponent goes into timebank and you think he must call. He has to. The clock keeps ticking. Haaaaaa for me it's the most thrilling part. Catching a bluff feels good but getting one over at a crucial time is a whole other level.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff

you need to master three important concepts to be able to bluff well, position (range advantage), read on your opponent from enough hands since online the only tells you have is the time they take to act and the bet size and sizing, if you are scared to bluff it will be hard getting your opponent to fold

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good reading of the betting sequences that your opponent followed, that is, if I raised preflop or made some 3bet etc, that will suit you. Add a range of cards that you can have and thus know if you are bluffing or not

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that in the cheapest tournaments, in the initial phase we find many artists who bluff with nothing. So just wait for a valuable hand to call and win a lot of chips. In the final stages of these cheaper tournaments, the opposite occurs, players tend to be much more tights and have a lot less bluff.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chic and brillance, I like that.
I find nothing gets the heart beating more than pulling off a bluff. Your opponent goes into timebank and you think he must call. He has to. The clock keeps ticking. Haaaaaa for me it's the most thrilling part. Catching a bluff feels good but getting one over at a crucial time is a whole other level.
Yes. adrenaline beats with all its might at such moments[emoji854][emoji854][emoji854][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying to open a bluff, you will have to call your opponent's bets more often, and many of them will not be a bluff, which will be a loss for you at a distance. Don't rush Hiro calls. And don't focus on your opponent's bluffs, rather build traps with strong hands.:)

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is very difficult for a beginner! only after playing 2,5 thousand tournaments I learned to bluff a little))) maybe my development is slow)

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be able to bluff. In life, the lie comes to light, and so is poker. You have to learn not only when to bluff, but how to bluff. I don't think there is a hand count here that you can say I can bluff

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first time I played without bluffing at all. And only over time, I began to use bluff. Sometimes a bluff leads to the loss of the entire stack, and if you are not sure of a positive outcome, then it is better not to use a bluff.

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff in position. Bluff against tight players. Bluff with outs