All-in Bluff

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some problems with this move.. (all-in bluff on the flop/turn/river and re-raise preflop).

Can someone can help me with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but there's so many variables. How can anyone answer the question. It isn't even a real question. I will agree with you mbrenneman0 on your comment about never being allin bluffing.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah but there's so many variables. How can anyone answer the question. It isn't even a real question. I will agree with you mbrenneman0 on your comment about never being allin bluffing.
There are times to do it, but based on the caliber of the question, op should just avoid it until he has a better grasp on the game

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
High variance move on any table unless you are positive of your reads. At the lower stakes you will more often than not get called down with middle pair. Use with caution.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not bluff all in.. some time people play their pocket five till showdown..

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff all-in has the same risk than playing all-in whit AK, do you know what i mean? sometimes you need to take risks, anyway the best reason to bluff is doing it against players that play very predictable or against TAG players against the last mentioned is more than recomendable because you can read their cards whit first movement preflop.
About moving all-in sometimes you have to do it because if you try bluffing raising 3x or even 4x you can be paid if your opponent have any pair. But take in mind that you can't bluff many times in a full table(in heads-up you can bluff many times), people are not stupid and will catch you later.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you against a super aggressive player, you can do all-in on the flop with middle pair.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guarantee that I have been bluffed all in plenty of times that I will never know about. Especially now that I'm trying to play more small ball. But my whole career, after figuring out all the math, variables, ICM, lines taken, etc., it sometimes comes down to "gut" and making that call is a great feeling if meaningful for position in a tourney and standard 'atta boy' if only adds a little.

But almost without fail, like tonight, for example, the guys who tried to get it passed you (unsuccessfully) will start calling you every name in the book, questioning how you can make that call, indicating how horrible you are, etc.

Did any of you ever watch the tv show (OMG I'm SO ANNOYED I can't find it imdb or youtube) where the guy says "next case" after he stacks someone?

I could have sworn it was Dean Cain that starred in it, but apparently not.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is best to bluff against an opponent that accurately throw his other arm or hand with a senior kicker .

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only semi-bluff all in in 2500 freerols near the bubble when ppl start getting protective with theyre stack.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a all in bluff short stacked is like saying here take my chips I'm tired of playing since I'm not going to win anyway.A 4 bet bluff would be more believable Matter of fact I have just about stopped going all in unless I'm forced to do so in order to see the hand out if I have one I can't fold. And yeah there are times when I have to use the move to push a player or two out. But 90% of the time I'm making 3 and 4 or more bets and it hasn't been long ago that I found out that those are all it takes to show you have a strong hand. Besides those bets can build big pots and they don't run every body out when you need calls. Anyway, I for one know that I don't know how I would play a hand unless I'm playing it then. It's never the same and we never know what will happen when it come to poker.

Jean le Grand

Jean le Grand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides the bluff all in you also asked about reraising preflop. If somebody already raised before you, you must understand that changes are high he has a good hand. An reraise from you as a bluff does not scare such a player and he will probally call you. So you only reraise when you have a monster and you want somebody to call you.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better not bluff all in , I have lost like 95% in this kinds of bluffs , it depends also on the situation and the other player , if he's super agressive , It will work so well

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice: only try bluff all-ins if you committed a lot of stack of your chips in the pot and at the late stages of a tournament but in general just don't do it

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For as much as I hate ACR, one of my favorite things about gameplay there is that no matter the play, my stack, etc., people wayyyy too often assume I am bluffing all in. I've been called by King high when I had the nuts, was just short stacked and had no value other than a shove.

I mean, in 9 months, I'm sure I have bluffed all-in before, especially when you have no choice in a jackpot sng for example. But this month I have never done it, yet been called at least 10 times for sure.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For as much as I hate ACR, one of my favorite things about gameplay there is that no matter the play, my stack, etc., people wayyyy too often assume I am bluffing all in. I've been called by King high when I had the nuts, was just short stacked and had no value other than a shove.

I mean, in 9 months, I'm sure I have bluffed all-in before, especially when you have no choice in a jackpot sng for example. But this month I have never done it, yet been called at least 10 times for sure.

LMAO. Literally just had this happen. I slowplayed my trip 9s on the flop and he bet it all the way until I check/raise/shoved all in on the turn. He called drawing dead with AK.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can bluff all in just when you are pretty sure that your opponent doesn't have anything (obviously). You can know that if there are for example 2 spades on the flop and there are no spades on turn or river, and if on the flop is two cards for straight and on the turn and the river doesn't come a card that can give a straight to someone.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing all in always depends on the opponent you are against in the hand and the way he played the exact hand, it's tough and risk play all day long ;)

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can bluff all in just when you are pretty sure that your opponent doesn't have anything (obviously). You can know that if there are for example 2 spades on the flop and there are no spades on turn or river, and if on the flop is two cards for straight and on the turn and the river doesn't come a card that can give a straight to someone.

I used that logic yesterday when I had a 5:1 chip lead on my opponent thinking if he had the flush draw or the straight draw he missed, I could shove/bluff and wouldn't have to show my garbage hand. He snap called KK on like a 10 high board when there was no bet preflop, a 1/2 pot bet on the flop by me, checks on the turn and another check by him on the river. Not the first time or last time this will happen to me, although more common at higher stakes. But I was still shocked at the line he took that only worked with me being stupid enough to shove. I check, he wins a min pot and doesn't see my hand.