BLUFF

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluf, is not part of my game, sometimes I try and I am successful, because I make a rival to abandon the hand, good to fulfill the purpose of bluff, to make the opponent to abandon the hand.
But on some occasions this has been my worst enemy, because I lose a lot of chips and I have to drop my hand and worse, leaving many chips behind. Only in this I see that I made fools, and put a whole tournament on the ground, because of my mistakes.
I could have accepted to lose, but I was not selfish, and I put all my game at risk. So I believe that a good bluff should know how to get in and out of the pot at the right time, that is, if the enemy does not abandon the hand, with 3 bet it is better to leave it for him.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to bluff, but without the bluff poker impossible. To perform a bluff, you need to create a good reputation at the poker table. If you have created a reputation for tight player, the opponents will play with you carefully. Most likely, they will throw their cards on your bluff, if you do it right.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I don't like to bluff, but without the bluff poker impossible. To perform a bluff, you need to create a good reputation at the poker table. If you have created a reputation for tight player, the opponents will play with you carefully. Most likely, they will throw their cards on your bluff, if you do it right.

Very well explained - if you won a single hand with a monster hand beforehand - you may count the rest of the field will drop their cards to your bluff bets :top:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree and did a post on the importance of table image yesterday which adds to this. Its good to hear others experiences..sometimes people bluff for the sake of it without actually looking at what possible bluffs are available on the board and those more experienced players will always know what possible cards you may be representing and will calculate probability from there..have a strong image plays with this..its for this reason that showing cards at the table can also be a really good tool if used well and at the right times.

I wish you every success

pirateglenn

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Playing poker is like telling a story, each hand at a time and on each street of betting you are telling more and more parts of it.
Your story has to add up to what you already told, and you bluffing is part of it!

Good luck

A

arpipoker1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u hve to dicide when is the good situation to bluff or not. :icon_king

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to know how to play the basics very well, and learn to recognize which opportunities have given you the best oportunities to bluffing, when I am in my perfect game, without tilt and concentrated, I get good results.

In a cardchat freerolls some days ago, I was in the final table against a good player, I tryed to bluff with good cards in position, I represented straight or flush, the other player with KK thinked for a long time and call, I lost a lot of chips.

Some players think that bluffing is simply going allin and waiting for the opponent to give up. I think it's good to do that when you're short with some reasonable hand and try to pull a good hand or the antes.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make a bluff you need to feel which card your opponent has and what he can do on the next turn. It's very difficult to determine. So I try to do without bluffing. And do not waste chips.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to bluff to go deep in a tournament, when you play tight you will not extract many chips from your opponents. Many times on a 3 bet it could be a bluff and make a tight player fold.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just like bluffs that you have to know when to do it, and to who it's art in, you win and in between you lose. I think you'll keep on doing it.

slayerupon

slayerupon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker is like telling a story, each hand at a time and on each street of betting you are telling more and more parts of it.
Your story has to add up to what you already told, and you bluffing is part of it!

Good luck

Very well put, I completely agree with this. If I notice something doesn’t “add up” when someone places a bet I’ll re-raise then if I have enough chips to bluff or I’ll call them if I’m holding the bits or something close to the nuts. I find this allows them to continue to try and bluff.

A lot of people said it right in this thread. You have to wait for the right opportunity to bluff, but it definitely has to add up to your “storey” as described above.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend reading "Bluffs: How to Intelligently Apply Aggression to Increase Your Profits from Poker" by Jonathan Little and Albert Hart for a good overview on bluffing.

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, bluffing only makes sense in higher limits because in micro limits people don’t have a problem with taking a chance and losing a few dollars. In order for a bluff to be effective, the consequence to your wallet needs to be quite painful.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big problem, is when you bluff your game and you fail to win having the best. Worse is when you buff and miss everything.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because buff

Most of the time the Buff player because he is not fraudulent, it is more because he spends a lot of hours without flopping, and ends up commenting on Bluff's sin, and it is even worse when the player flops, starts his raise and the call rival at all , in the end the rival ends up finding 2 pairs

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Traps

Playing in cash games, spending hours with nothing on the flop and no good moves.
The cards chosen for the game do not give good results, and when they give some results you end up taking bad beat in very marginal hands.
Spending time in this game your mind and strategy change automatically and you end up bluffing and still paying high to see sequences and cracks.
I believe that these game variations are what make the player bluff. If all goes well there is no reason to do the bluff. Maybe this knowledge of the mind that makes people take damage.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like everything in poker each element requires a study separately and then relate it to different situations, the bluff in particular can become a double-edged swim

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Honestly, it is difficult for me to bluff.
Maybe, this is because I play mostly freerolls, and my opponents are playing with any hands. Frankly, it annoys me.
Good luck.

N

nonames45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me bluff is an integral part of poker, I do not argue there are cases when it does not work and you lose chips, but often you get them thanks to the bluff, and if you just wait for a good card and only play good hands for me, it's more unprofitable))

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an essential part of the game but you need to understand the situation you are in before you do so. You have to have an opponent that you think will lay down a hand. Does their range and the way they played the hand match the board for a likely hand? Also, does the amount I am betting make sense with how I have played the hand. Many times players will make a random bet that seems to come from left field that just screams "I AM BLUFFING" and they are easy to call or re-raise. The bluff needs to be believable to work.

If it doesn't work, that is fine. Remember what you did and use it against them later when you do have a hand. Play the hand the same way and see if you can extract some extra value by making your opponent think you are trying to bluff them again.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understood your information, but it's a way to lose a lot of chips. Since many times the opener did not give up and abaca winning with a low or alternate card.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is nice very great played