one of the biggest post-flop mistakes that makes many players not have results

D

Dayvisson01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
many players have not yet reached their poker results for the simple fact that they still do not understand how the dynamics of the post-flop game work, and they begin to have that feeling that they are unlucky and that they will never win because they never hit their cards
Have you been through this?

if the answer is yes, most likely you do not know what the term "range advantage" means and you are only playing the cards that are in your hand and not your range of hands.
the advantage of range is quite simple, it is basically knowing which range (depending on your position on the table) hit the flop, yours or the villain.

example: you open from the utg 10% of your range which are ako, ajq, kqs, tt.
his bu pays opponent with 50% of his range being the 22, ax, k9o, k8s, 56s 87o.
on a flop th 6s 9c who has advantage of range, utg or bu?

the answer is, the bu that can have a sequence or two pairs, so the utg does not need to get involved in an all in with aa on that board, it is better to play controlling the pot and try to get on cheap showdoaw without running the risk of falling
tournament early on and not cry for having taken a bad beat.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they also might be playing scared poker,afraid when they wiff the flop or don't hit at all giving up any position they might have as well as being worried they will lose there buy-in or rng cash,most humans guard there money kinda second nature,you have to toss that idea out the window playing poker,i was privy to some online schoolin a fews years back the guy couldn't stress enough about viewing your bankroll as a tool,rather than your cash,i guess the idea was change your thinking a bit,i look at poker as telling a story if you always check post flop never betting or bluffing when u don't hit flop,well that's an easy read isn't it,now if you throw in a well timed bluff or starting c-betting when its called for you,ll be a better poker player as well as changing the story line up a bit making one less predictable

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Determining "Range Advantage" seems like a great idea, but I've seen a couple people on this forum (myself included) who have problems determining opponent ranges at all, nevermind who has the advantage. If you or someone else could explain how to calculate ranges to begin with, that would be super.

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Determining "Range Advantage" seems like a great idea, but I've seen a couple people on this forum (myself included) who have problems determining opponent ranges at all, nevermind who has the advantage. If you or someone else could explain how to calculate ranges to begin with, that would be super.

Have a look at

If you have any question about it after, don't hesitate to ask me !