Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello, everyone. My main flaw in the game was that I did not know when to throw strong hands recently improved their game precisely in this direction. Do you think that is one of the strongest qualities of poker players is to throw strong hands when circumstances indicate exactly?:jd4::jd4:

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i think that is a stength of a poker player

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes in a tournament a good hand in bad position will get me in trouble. An okay hand in good position can have better results.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, everyone. My main flaw in the game was that I did not know when to throw strong hands recently improved their game precisely in this direction. Do you think that is one of the strongest qualities of poker players is to throw strong hands when circumstances indicate exactly?:jd4::jd4:

In the words of Kenny Rogers.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the best quality of a poker player is knowing when fold a good hand.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes folding big hands when your beat is important but folding spots like this effects our mental game because we don't see their cards and are not sure if we made a good lay down. I am not a great folder... even if i know i'm beat sometimes i can't help but make the terrible call to see if they had what i thought.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe this is true. In fact I think that knowing when to fold hands is one of the biggest strengts a player can have period.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, but the professionals of recent years do. This eliminates the big risks!

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is where knowing your opponent is key. How can you know whether they flopped a set or have a straight, etc? One of the best ways to guess is to think about how they have historically played. Are they always this aggressive on the flop / turn / river? Of course, if it's a really good player, their bet sizes may not change. Or maybe they will use a mixed strategy to throw you off. But I'm guessing you're probably not playing at that level, so I would just consider your opponents history.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands