My big FOLD - I'm learning how to fold preflop

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still struggle to learn when to throw my big hands. This is one of them, what do you think?
8911b01d9eec07d6b7f94fe120e61d94.png
14d5736ec35488db855963abc97400f3.png

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow that was a great fold, i hope you were able to get deeper after that:)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beautiful hand to look at, tricky to play, most likely would have entered this mess!

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great fold. I folded KK in a home cash game the other night. Knew my buddy had AA.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great fold. Too many all-ins and 80 BB deep to play that hand.

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One might say that with 3-4 people betting and raising its most likely someone has aces...

I do not subscribe to this (even though its true often)and im getting it all in with Kings in that spot. Queens probably too online... ( I play AA, KK, QQ in pretty much every single situation preflop, I dont remember any exception).

The great T.J Cloutier might recommend you fold Queens in this spot based on players play styles and situations live.

It was a very good read by you, nice intuition. ;)

Last edited:
Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes KK can be reset, it all depends on the situation and the tournament. After all, any ACE can kill KK or QQ. So fold in some cases is appropriate. As well as dumping AA on the dough.

I think if it was a Knockout tournament, it is unlikely that someone would throw? Don't you? Hahaha.)
So it all depends on the game situation.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well played indeed!

Just underlines no one should be married to any hand 100% of the time. As others have noted, with several all ins someone likely had aces, they did and even then they did not hold.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good move. There have been several times where I've folded Aces and Kings for the better. It's a good tool to have at your disposal.

At the end of the day, it's just a pair.

How did you fare in the tournament?

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was obviously a good fold but even if there was not someone with Aces you were being asked to go into the pot 4 ways which significantly reduces your equity so you could argue that folding AA in that spot would also be a correct play. I mean look who one the hand!

R

Romaliyskiy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Single discharge) against three almost always such an incomprehensible situation)

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm folding KK .. ...so whats the criteria to folding AA pre, 100bb and 5 other players in. Im never folding here and agree with above that QQ is also in

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In conclusion, I would like to say that the "Fold" button alone will not make me much money in poker. You need to systematically and constantly work on your game, learn new materials and strategies, track field trends, and much more.

Only if I do all this in a complex, I will become a successful player. But by making friends with the "Fold" button, I will save a significant amount of money and significantly raise my winrate. This will allow me to move up the limits faster and take my game to a new level.

Life is a game , play beautiful

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
big hand fold

I believe poker is not about how many hands you can play, it's more about how many great folds you can do. I think as much as you can get more experience out of poker following you can read better and you can find more tells and finally you cand profit more

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still struggle to learn when to throw my big hands. This is one of them, what do you think?

Just an amazing fold!

Really it is the tight statistics on the AA player that would make me think about folding KK.

But he could have QQ?? - anybody else think that is possible?

I mean who doesn't like a quadruple-up??

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Fantastic fold. I would be complaining about a bad beat by now.
But I'm learning…
In fact, the perception I have today is that premium hands are more difficult to play. If you have a 5J for example, you will know exactly what to do. FOLD !. But with a KK it gets more difficult. If you bet low you will be allowing others to see the flop. If you bet all in, you risk that there. Thanks the guys who had aces. If they hadn’t gone all in and only the 9T guy pushed all in, I think you’d call ...

Folding in Poker