• Thread starter This Fish Chums
  • Start date
This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression has become a core tenant in modern day poker. Without aggression you’ll just sit there and watch your chips slowly dwindle away in today’s game. However, there is one key tip a lot of players don’t realize. You can’t just always be aggressive, you have to choose to be aggressive when your opponent does not want you to be aggressive. If you are constantly being aggressive, everyone at the table will quickly realize that you’ll do all their betting for them and will be very happy to just sit back and trap you all day long. Being easily trapped can be a sign that you are being overly aggressive and that everyone you play with is able to pick up on it. Not only should you be aggressive with good hands, but you should also throw in some slow plays as well. Mix things up to keep your opponents off-guard. Remember, there is a fine line between being aggressive and throwing dead money into the pot.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Absolutely correct.
For example, I usually play not aggressive enough and sometimes it costs me dearly.
Good luck.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have a good point. I have been becoming a pretty aggressive player and seeing the benefits of this. I think the hard part is to switch it up and throw off the opponents. I can to the waiting patience thing, but I have to remember to switch it up deliberately. Thx

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U explained it wery well since some time im feeling same as u even Fishes with big bankrolls trying to do all with agression now its funny but if u handle it well they wont get any chance :) Ofc they can heve luck too sometimes it happends.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree with this argument,everything should be in moderation...

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree for the most part. I tend to be not aggressive enough. Mixing it up though is not always better. People tend to make patterns doing this. The hands I choose to play I usually play the exact same way whether it's a monster or bluff. This way my opponents really can't put me on a hand

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree, but only against weaker players, this makes the game favorable.