Which is the better room, stake and game for me?

OmarRD7

OmarRD7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Yes, I'm a new poker player, and yes this topic is very extensive but I'm going to put some items to make it easier to give me very shorts but powerful advices.

My problem is the following:

1. Which is the better room to start to growth a bankroll? pokerstars or 888?
-PS pro: a lot of fishes, good software, always have actives players in lower stakes.
- PS cons: there's many good players hiding in the tables playing just good hands or bluffing in the right moment. There's also a lot of fishes that really don't care their money and play ANYTHING :mad:. There's not so many promotions. They are restrictive with HUD features

-888 pro: a good number of fishes, low and good stakes (even low than PS), allow almost any HUD features, a good number of promotions.

-888 cons: not much players as PS in lower stakes, I think in this room are many players really difficult to put in a certain style of play. There's also so many donks that go all in with anything in lower stakes.

2. About stakes and game. If I deposit 20-25$... Witch is the better stake and game for me?

I have been reading a lot about it. So I discard to play MTT because it variances. Also, my better games are 9 max SnG tables, and 0.2-0.5$ fast-forward tables. But do you think it is right to me play this games?

I have achieved to reach 80$ bankroll, starting from scratch with frerolls and minimum deposits as 10$. But ALWAYS I finish to loose ALL my bankroll. Specially when I get tilt in my very bad lucky days.

So, what do you recommend me to do? I hope I get the clearest posible to you.

I'll be waiting for you short but powerful advices. Thanks! :D

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, it's not a mystery that pokerstars is full of fishes but also full or regs. For a player who doesn't feel strong but have some basic I would reccomend 888. Or maybe party poker. Games on pokerstars are harder and harder every month. Especially now when traffic is not as big because we have summer in Europe. Pokerstars is really good for grinders who want to make bigger volume. If you are not in rush then 888 would be ok. As an advice I think you should deposit a little more, like 40 dollars. With 20 dollars, few bad beats and you start with 10-15 dollars and that's not much. And don't play nl5 cash games with that bankroll. You can really fast to lose it all. I don't know what stakes 888 offer as minimum in 9 max sng but I guess it would be a good choice for a start.

Top 10 Games