Better with Chips and a chair

P

Powerkrause

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm a loser @ online poker. At a real table i am playing perfekt. Tournament and Cash. What is the reason?

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. The best (and only) way to find out why your play isn't going well is to post specific hands and let us get a better look at how you play. There is no way anybody can answer this question without you telling us about specific situations and how you handle them.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I'm a loser @ online Poker. At a real table i am playing perfekt. Tournament and Cash. What is the reason?

I think its because you read your opponents face :). You can try webcam tables and see if you can read online your oppenents. GL

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi, I'm a loser @ online Poker. At a real table i am playing perfekt. Tournament and Cash. What is the reason?
Which sites do you play on? At what buy-in? Cash or MTT? What formats? How long have you played? Too many questions and too little information to help you. Be more specific.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely its because, you play against softer competition life. In life cash games the lowest blinds are typically 1$/2$, whereas online you can play for as little as 1c/2c.

Online you can play far more hands by multitabling, and therefore even at stakes like 10c/25c you see a lot of professional or semi-professional players with millions of hands under their belt, who are way better than the typical players in a 1$/2$ live game.

So the main reason, why life players lose, when they move online, is because they play stakes, that their skill set is not ready for. Other reasons might be the lack of ability to rely on life reads, and having to make decisions faster, than they are used to.

Poker Chips - History of Chips