Bet flop with middle pair on textured board?

I

I_AM_A_BAD_REG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Suppose I raise pre and get called. Then the flop comes something like 9 10 Q with two hearts, and I have a pair of tens. Should I c-bet this kind of board with middle pair?

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the players your're playing with. Assuming you've been able to separate the loose players from the tight, the passive and the aggressive and having some sense of read on the players at the table, you would then have to have an idea on whats your next move. If its a tight player who has been folding majority of hands and called your raise preflop you have to have an idea of his range, with that being said i would continue with a c-bet with my middle pair and then see what the player does and re-evaluate based on his action. hope i could help :)

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suppose I raise pre and get called. Then the flop comes something like 9 10 Q with two hearts, and I have a pair of tens. Should I c-bet this kind of board with middle pair?

Every time. If I have the aggressor in any pot regardless of position then I'm c-betting 99% of the time. They aren't going to but you on middle pair. This is beautiful time to c-bat has most will fold unless they have a good draw or big cards. They didn't re-raise so you'll assume AA or KK is out. QQ will be there as well as 99 or Ax suited or a straight draws. Watch out KJ!! What a had to have. Even if I had 55 is this hand I would be c-betting. It also depends on ur raise. Control the pot or let the others control you. You'll better results in aggression

P

Piotr Wojcik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I play allin:)

T

TCashMoney19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As someone mentioned earlier, it does kind of matter what type of player you're playing against. If Villain is really aggressive, I'd say no as he can raise a lot of draws or just simply better hands and you'll have no idea where you stand in the hand. But if Villain is really passive it might POSSIBLY be better to bet. Another important factor is if you're in position or not. If you're in position, betting might not be as bad as opposed to if you're out of position as you can pot control more in position than out. But, if you have straight blockers in your whole cards, such as JTs or T8s then it might be better to check as this reduces the amount of WORSE hands your opponent can call you with (i.e. straight draws). These are the kind of things you should think about if you're considering betting second pair. However, here is my advice to you:

Generally, I would check/call middle pair, especially if we have a straight draw to go with it (i.e. JT, T8). When we bet, we either want a better hand to fold or a worse hand to call. While there are many draws that are technically worse hands, many of them have a ton of equity against you and can put you into tough spots on both the flop and the turn. As poker has gotten better over the years, people are realizing the importance of playing their draws aggressively. I can't tell you how many pots I've picked up by playing my flush draws, OESD and combo draws aggressively, and people have showed me strong top/middle pairs that they just fold on the flop or turn thinking that I most likely just have a strong hand. However, this is not always the case, and I think you can be exploited by a hand like 78 of hearts or AJ of hearts or pretty much any straight draw/flush draw that knows this is a scary board and a hand like a pair of tens can't call down multiple streets. Especially if you're OOP, betting middle pair on a board like this is asking to get exploited by a good player. Not to mention, you aren't going to get a 9 to call down multiple streets and you aren't likely getting a Q to fold to two, maybe even three barrels considering how the board runs out. So just good to keep that in mind.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although against any opponent you play that can be had? I'm usually in such a situation will not look fold)))