Best time to bluff.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In big tournaments, I would have a better time to bluff. In the mtts right at the beginning of the games, players end up calling with weak hands and sometimes on the river they even call with lower pair. So it ends up being very complicated to bluff at the beginning of these tournaments.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some good spots are when you have straight and flush draws(gutshots, open ended and backdoors) as well as continuation betting when you miss the flop. This way you either take the pot down or build it if they call and you catch your cards and improve. At that stage it'll probably be a lot better than bluffing with air.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The easiest way to start bluffing more in poker is just to start stealing the blinds more often. Many people think you need to have a really good hand to steal the blinds.
The truth is that you don't. You just need to have the right type of players in the blinds, tight and weak. And you see two tight players who don't fight back very often in the small blind and big blind, raise it up instead of folding!
This very simple poker bluff will often get through and win you an easy pot. Also, do not discount the long term value of this for your poker winnings either.
Gaining that 1.5 big blinds from a successful blind steal a little more often can easily be the difference between a small winning poker player and a big winning poker player.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The boy who cried wolf

I get it bluffing is part of the game, I have seen so many aggressive players get caught with their pants down at the beginning of tournaments. You can only bluff so much just like the boy who continued to tell his father he has seen the wolf. In the end the wolf always wins. Capo1014

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The case which does a bluff is influenced by the situation of each hand.

That means where in the tournament don't you have that?

When enemy's timidity was felt under River, It sometimes does immediately.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One great spot to bluff is when a scare card hits, such as an overcard that also completes a flush draw. But there’s also nothing wrong with just value being against very loose opponents!

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing against a strong player who may think you have a stronger hand
since these players are more disruptive
I think so, correct me if I'm wrong

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In big tournaments, I would have a better time to bluff. In the mtts right at the beginning of the games, players end up calling with weak hands and sometimes on the river they even call with lower pair. So it ends up being very complicated to bluff at the beginning of these tournaments.
On the turn

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on who you are playing against I think.
If you mean at what moment of a hand is better to bluff, then might be pre-flop when you're in late positions, you can pick up blinds uncontested. If not, you get more chances to keep up with the story you're telling on the flop/turn/river.
When you're calling/checking until the river, and suddenly shoves all in, the inconsistency might give your opponent the hint that you're bluffing as your actions doesn't make sense.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have 2 cards in your hand :p.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can tell you the best advice I ever got on bluffing. Don't try to Bluff multiple players. with two or more people in a hand it is more likely that one of them will call you.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not bluff at the beginning of tournaments. Just no way to know who is will to call you with nothing. Only exception is if I find a player I know is always folding to any aggression to my left. Then I will go out of my way to bluff them to gain easy chips, and portray a loose image to my opponents.

Love to bluff at money bubble. Just be careful of the super short stacks that may be forced to call