Best connectors to go up against allin.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard a lot of talk about 56 suited being the best hand to go allin against pocket aces. I think it is largely because of the potential to complete the wheel with a six.

The up and down odds of making a straight with either j10 or 56 I would think are essentially the same.

I have personally seen bigger pots go down to 9-10 against 56 getting the high nuts, and most memorable my KK getting trips vs AA only to loose to the guy who finished his straight with my 3rd king.

What does everyone else think?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard a lot of talk about 56 suited being the best hand to go allin against pocket aces. I think it is largely because of the potential to complete the wheel with a six.

The up and down odds of making a straight with either j10 or 56 I would think are essentially the same.

I have personally seen bigger pots go down to 9-10 against 56 getting the high nuts, and most memorable my KK getting trips vs AA only to loose to the guy who finished his straight with my 3rd king.

What does everyone else think?

Just out of curiosity why are you asking about this? are you trying to figure out the best way to 3 bet light and still have equity?

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a bit shallow your question, could more detail?
Because so, I even have my game strategies, I'm not giving all in with suited or brodways conectors or any position with any amounts of blinds depending on the level of blinds and my position I of the all-in for any two.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I believe 65s suited has the best odds against AA. You can check this out on cardplayer "." com. It's still not GREAT, but it's over 23% to either win or split. T9s has nearly the same odds. I actually used this information in a tournament last year when I was very short-stacked and pushed with 65s. I ended up making the 9 high straight on the river and doubling up against a strong hand. I believe he had something like AQ and paired his A on the flop. So, these little tidbits of information are great to keep in the back on your mind !

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must try out tthe 56 and 9 10 combo to see how it works. I am sick of losing to such hand with my KK or AA so it is time to try the other end of the spectrum. For all of you playing with KK or AA and going all in FORGET I EVER SAID THIS if you are in a game against me.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can u please explain more , or define what u want to ask for , and I ll gladly answer you , thank you . ( you should try calling all in everytime u get 56 and see what will happens )

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can u please explain more , or define what u want to ask for , and I ll gladly answer you , thank you . ( you should try calling all in everytime u get 56 and see what will happens )

Just to be clear, 65s and T9s are NOT favorites against AA/KK by any means. 23% chance is not that much better than the 18-20% of most other starting hands. However, if you are short-stacked and not getting any strong hands, they are not bad hands to push with. At least you don't have a strong chance of being dominated like if you push with Ax.

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an interesting question.

I try to avoid all in confrontation with anyone who I believe to be holding a stronger hand unless it's imperative that I double up.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just out of curiosity why are you asking about this? are you trying to figure out the best way to 3 bet light and still have equity?
Not the most serious question. You have to push or call it with less than premium at some point. I wanted to hear about with what odd ball hands you call and why from different people. It's not a stock textbook answer expected. Friends used to talk about this before I started getting more serious, wanted to see more varried replies.

It really depends on your ability to let the flops prior give you an idea if you are going to potentially win or not if you ask me. For example, if you just seen a set of common cards on the board that would make your straight, fold.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, actually now that you make me think about it I mostly wanted to see what odd reasons people call my big raises with such smaller connectors and one gappers and why.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always seen connecting to 8-Q and 7-6 are the hands that I have seen most win all in pocket aces and I have always seen the k-k die against stairs to one and color to a card:star: