Im interested to learn PLO, especially some adjustment for live poker

which is the best course?

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try some Low Limit games online you can still normally find some weaker players at the micros. If you have a home game toss around the idea of PLO.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stones Live

Sorry I do not know which course for you, but Stones Live has free archived videos of live PLO being played. The commentators have some strategy points and you can see hand % pre and post flop. Check on YouTube and Twitch for videos.

:)

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jnandezpoker on twitch is a great resource for learning while he plays through his bank roll challenge but I would also consider .01/.02 PLO to get your feet wet. It won't cost you too much and you can get alot of hands in pretty fast on most sites.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

The best way is to play, a tip the rules are basically the same as the holdem, the only difference is that you get more cards in the pre-flop then your chances increase more, and a pair of aces does not have the same value as in holdem and most sites have basic omaha course

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the best is to calculate, reading oponnent . No need to watch anyoone how to play

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the fastest way to learn poker is to watch strategic videos and coaching.it is quite a lot that are free on the net.you can also buy training if you want to progress even faster.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I say the best way to learn is to play. Carbon poker used to have freerolls with PLO, HORSE, Badugi. I learned poker variations and how to play better.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P.l.o. is truly a force to be reckoned with. If you already have knowledge and understanding of the game and are able to play at a decent level then please try to stay away from the micro stakes tables.. you will forever and always have the donks who chase til the end with some bs or overbet pre and continue throughout the hand generally it's not a bad thing when you're aware of it but for to play better you will need to play better opponents which will generally be sitting at higher stakes. Stay patient and true to your strategy prior to sitting down. Its wise to play it safe and a little tighter than normal for sure.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im learning a bit im playing 2.20 buy ins on acr and playing freerolls on other sites... also play 10/20 cents bring in 10-25 dollars ... is some very good plo players you have to be careful and take your time.... but its fun for me cause is something new.....

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, vox1er! I think, first of all, You need more to play in PLO in Online before, as to sit to play for alive table in this difficult
and very dispersive game, because in Online play out more quantity hands for the same time, than in alive game. This means
You will have more practice, that is very important! Secondly, You need watch the many learning video the best players in PLO necessarily, as Phil Galfond, Scott Klement and other... And main, of course, You need comply with strict your bankroll management, since, I say one more time, PLO is more dispersive game, than NL HOLDEM. This means only one: You need have a more deep own bankroll! Good Luck in learning PLO!;):D

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I created a similar thread, and appreciate all the responses here!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you want to learn, I personally would avoid the freerolls because after playing them over a span, its pretty much ludicrous/reckless play day in and out.

I would build a play chip bankroll at poker stars (if you do not have one) but then avoid the cheapest buy ins, because they are as crazy as freerolls are . Up a level 100/200 for a 20K play chip buy in the play will already be more sensible and you won't be risking a red cent. You'll quickly find out people are well versed and know what they are doing.

I'd set a goal for number of hands/sessions played and monitor outcomes/success, then venture off to the micro-stakes if confident.

Also as someone has already pointed out, JNandez posts to You Tube and now Phil Galfond is putting PLO content out there (which will accelerate with the heads up challenges he will be making via Twitch).