Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

I tell you that I started watching Bencb's videos and I must admit that it is a very, very good course.
The big question that arises is: I try to apply this at the levels that I play (MTT freerolls and micro limits; spin and go, which I also play, I think they are another story) and I feel like I hit a wall.
I do not see much progress in my results using advanced strategies but I wonder: to play freerolls and micro limits do you have to use an ABC poker strategy? Is there more variance the lower the level one plays? Is there more influence of luck? At what point should you level up? (I am not talking about bankroll management, that is clear to me), When will what I study be useful to me?

Sorry if this sounds like catharsis, maybe it is .....

Thank you for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
but I wonder: to play freerolls and micro limits do you have to use an ABC poker strategy? Is there more variance the lower the level one plays? Is there more influence of luck? At what point should you level up?
1. ABC works better at the lower levels.
2.Larger fields create more variance.
3. Luck might have more influence on the lower levels since many players do not really know what they are doing and they simply "try to win".
4. When you are crushing the levels you are playing right now then it is good time to move up.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

I tell you that I started watching Bencb's videos and I must admit that it is a very, very good course.
The big question that arises is: I try to apply this at the levels that I play (MTT freerolls and micro limits; spin and go, which I also play, I think they are another story) and I feel like I hit a wall.
I do not see much progress in my results using advanced strategies but I wonder: to play freerolls and micro limits do you have to use an ABC poker strategy? Is there more variance the lower the level one plays? Is there more influence of luck? At what point should you level up? (I am not talking about bankroll management, that is clear to me), When will what I study be useful to me?

Sorry if this sounds like catharsis, maybe it is .....

Thank you for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Thank U 4 Posting.

Lower level players fold half as often as better players when holding one pair so advanced strategies to get them to fold fail.

Balancing your range at lower levels also not necessary as they seldom think about your hand. That is why you see A9 stack off on 922 board and run into TT+.
So when our V want to put their stack in we need not balance with any bluffs at all. Nor do we call expecting them to be making complex bluffs unlike in BencB's game

Many of the hands BencB plays end on the flop or turn but in low level games you will see multiple players arrive on the river. That means that winning hands will be 2 pair plus far more often so we need to not stack off trying to protect AA KK on the turn vs multiple callers. The reason is in BencB game it is very difficult to get paid on the river but not in your games. We can shove pot or more on rivers when our V check to us (showing weakness) and get paid by worse.

There are many advanced strategies involving board reading and range selection that do work at the lower levels. We just want to avoid the player reaction dependent strategies like getting folds from second pair or calling for minimum defense frequency etc.

Hope this helps
:):)