The Beginner's Guide to Freerolls Part 1: The DRAGON concept

R

rulist1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This series is for beginners learning the ropes. You must know the rules of the game to proceed. If you do not, turn back now and come back when you do. Feel free to bookmark this page. This is also benefiting those who play tons of freerolls but can't seem to reach the money and will get into that later.

I am going to be going into detail about how you can be successful in freerolls. In this free online forum course (developing rapidly) I am going to teach you how to be a successful freeroll player to build the funds you desire to move up to the next level. I have had a bunch of success at freerolls and am now a micro-stakes grinder. I am able to tell you all you need to know to not just win them but dominate them, run deeper, stack faster and move up in the rankings. For many people, freerolls are a struggle. People carelessly throwing chips around, betting on a whim with 92 offsuit only to show a boat at the river, and even those who will call you with LITERALLY everything. Today you will not only learn how to overcome that but use those to your advantage.

THE DRAGON CONCEPT

For my first lesson I came up with an imagery of the DRAGON concept and here they are:

Don't Play Fancy
Raise
Aggression
Guard Your Stack
Open First
No Good No Go

Picture a dragon in your head. They are fierce, powerful and nobody wants to cross them. When someone stumbles in their den (those people who blindly put in their chips) they get roasted alive. A dragon walks over the rocks and uses them as stepping stones and eats donkeys (sorry Shrek) for breakfast. In my next post (The Beginner's Guide to Freerolls Part 2: The D in DRAGON. You'll learn how to guard your den. Hope to see you there! (Part 2 will be available on 8/14/2018 just click in the upper right and search "The Beginner's Guide to Freerolls Part 2: The D in DRAGON" to view it).

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice post eagerly await part 2.:)
Want to know all about chasing the dragon
does he breathe fire?:hahaha:

fire_dragon_by_paladinpainter-da0tr8p.jpg

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats the way i see a lot of players play. i occasionally am very aggressive. that is the way you win nice pots! or lose them :(

R

rulist1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He does breathe fire! He scorches tons of people at the table. I set up an account on ACR starting with zero and working it as well and posting submissions on my results to show how effective this is. Within 2 weeks I guarantee you that following this will give you strides.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A nice approach and a good way to make a bankroll starting by setting rules targets and objectives and to stick to them the less mistakes we make the better players we are.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your post, very good and useful advices , I will read the part 2 as well thank you and good luck

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking forward to the rest of your guide. Im at the same stage you are in it seems, ive won enough from freerolls to be able to grind out NL2. (So far im doing better then expected). Im interested in seeing how your strategy differs. I am regularly finding myself in the top 10% of the field with a few lucky deep runs, but I feel like im playing too tight after the bubble and could definately improve. Not much out there for freeroll specific strategy, so thank you for doing this.

Freeroll Passwords