Becoming an Advanced Member

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, how is it determined who becomes an Advanced Member? Is it just based on how many times you post and respond in the forum? I really hope not because I was using that as a determining factor in who I draw advice from and if any Tom, Dick, and Harry can get "Advanced Member" status simply by posting and responding a lot...well, that sucks.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, how is it determined who becomes an Advanced Member? Is it just based on how many times you post and respond in the forum? I really hope not because I was using that as a determining factor in who I draw advice from and if any Tom, Dick, and Harry can get "Advanced Member" status simply by posting and responding a lot...well, that sucks.
Well, it's 'Advanced Member' as in member of this forum, so yeah, your fears are correct, it does have to do with length of time and posting on here. It doesn't say 'Advanced Poker Player' or anything of that nature.

Just post, read the replies, and go from there. You'll find most is solid advice, some can be a bit misinformed but still trying to help, and others are just way off.

The fun thing is trying to figure out which is which!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes - it is post count that determines your user title. :)

It doesn't mean advanced poker player ;)

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am basically on a mission to debunk the members who's answer to every decision is "shove it". The can shove their "shove it". Elite Member my %&^*

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to advice it is definitely trial and error.
After a while you will find the players whose opinions you value and those who you don't.
For tournament play you can look at the leader boards as an indication of who is solid and who is not.
I would say this applies especially to the league because pretty much everyone that plays in league is playing their A game.
For ring play there are some very strong ring players here and you will probably learn a lot by following their threads.

Disclaimer-If I am at the top of any leader board I just got lucky several times times and is no indication of skill. :)

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes if you stick around here a while you will find the better players and see advice from them.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am basically on a mission to debunk the members who's answer to every decision is "shove it". The can shove their "shove it". Elite Member my %&^*
Well, if its the best option...

Im a big believer in the push/fold strat, when it applies. And I'm an elite member!

Please post examples. Id really like to see what you debunk.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

This thread explains all about the user titles --->https://www.cardschat.com/forum/sug...-member-hierachy-258318/?highlight=loser+life

Have a read and I can guarantee you a good laugh.

:top:

C

Corteezy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We need Myth Busters in this forum....

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes the correct answer is shove it. I would suggest you look at the logic accompanying answers regarding poker situations and use multiple sources for poker information. The sources I look for are proven professional players who play in a style that I am comfortable playing in. There are a lot of successful professionals with many tournament wins that freely talk about situations and that information is online for all to see for free in many instances. After you get info that you believe debunks someone I wouldn't really try to embarrass them in writing in any forum post, I would suggest you hunt them down where they play and try to take their money. I am unfortunately located in the USA and don't feel comfortable putting a bankroll on an offshore site so my play is pretty much restricted to freerolls online at the moment so I won't be stalking any fish online but fortunately I live in Florida and live fish are everywhere. :)

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm an Elite member and I got here by what I do on here everyday. I'm active. It has nothing to do with what I think about all ins. But I do know that sometimes all in is the only way to play a hand. However, all ins can kill you quick, so no matter how many elite members tell you all in is always the best move, don't believe it. GL to you

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted a link to a play someone made and everybody thought he played it well. I disagree completely. What do you think?

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looked like he wanted to see the flop, but had to raise. What were you thinking with the all in? Was it in hopes he would fold? Or did you think you were way ahead? Either way he had to call. But by that flop, it probably would have been an all in anyway. GL to you

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is one. http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7242388
Everyone was saying well played. That is crap!

I posted a link to a play someone made and everybody thought he played it well. I disagree completely. What do you think?

I don't think you understand poker very well cause that is quite standard.

Im not saying the title means anything, cause it doesn't, a lot of people here have bloated post counts and don't even really play poker. But knock it back a peck.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I will assume you are the hero in that hand. You played it horribly wrong, so yes, you are right. Hero played that hand horribly.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there is a need for Myth Busters here says Playful

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
You took the risk and lost, why did the villain play it so bad as you say Delvuter

:dontknow:

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I bet a little more from the start (600 instead of 440). As played I call the 3-bet, and am fully prepared to drop it if the flop comes AKJ or something. Safe flop like that, with him having only 2/3 of a pot-bet left? Either I donk a pot-bet (putting him to an all-in decision), or I check-call his (most likely all-in c-bet). I'll most probably check-call.
Anyway, he's doubling up on me too.

Did I play it any better, though?*

*genuine question - I don't assume to know better at all

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not the Hero or the Villain in this hand. This was a post from somebody else and everybody thought the Hero played it great, just got unlucky. That is crap. All-In w/ 9's, seriously, that's CRAP. Anybody who thinks shoving there is an idiot.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well ok, not an idiot, but not very good at poker and shouldn't be giving advice and certainly shouldn't have "advanced" or "elite" in their membership status. Donkey member needs to be an official title.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you must be a world class poker player then Delvuter? Rather than running people down why don't you try and post your advice around the forums?

I suppose you are a high roller player since you know it all, how many millions have you won over the years and how many thousands are you winning each day currently?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well ok, not an idiot, but not very good at poker and shouldn't be giving advice and certainly shouldn't have "advanced" or "elite" in their membership status. Donkey member needs to be an official title.

Once again - it does not say advanced poker player or elite poker player - it says member.

Should I move this thread to bad beats now?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not the Hero or the Villain in this hand. This was a post from somebody else and everybody thought the Hero played it great, just got unlucky. That is crap. All-In w/ 9's, seriously, that's CRAP. Anybody who thinks shoving there is an idiot.
I mean I disagree and think it's fine. I am as such an idiot. Would you like to play HU.

any stake, any site w/e you want. Any game