This is a discussion on Basics? within the online poker forums, in the Learning Poker section; I got a few questions basically for micro stakes. But a little background might help. So I play poker pretty much for recreational, but I
I got a few questions basically for micro stakes. But a little background might help. So I play poker pretty much for recreational, but I really dislike depositing more than once. I am trying to just make sure I play strong enough while also maintaining a decent bankroll. This is also for ACR.
Question 1: What's a solid deposit? I want to play both tournaments and cash games even if it only dollar tournaments and .01/.02 cash games
1. Proper bankroll management says to not risk more than 5% of your roll at a time so deposit 20 times what amount you will put in play.
2. Move up as your bankroll allows and where you get your best hourly rate.
3. That depends on you and the game you are in. Generally I'd say tight in micro stakes.
October 17th, 2015, 6:31 AM
Online Poker at: Mohegan Sun
Game: Live FR/6/HU
1) Put $100 in your account for $2nl and $1 tournaments.
2) Focus on your game, pay attention to villains, try to understand their strategy, determine and implement a plan to exploit that strategy.
When you play a hand where you felt lost, or weren't really sure what to do, post it and discuss your thoughts behind your plays.
3) Looseness & aggressiveness are independent of one another. You can be loose or tight, passive or aggressive. Starting out be tight, very positionally aware, and aggressive. At uNL players can win playing just about any style, but learning to play a solid TAG game will lay the proper foundation to build your game upon in the future.
October 17th, 2015, 7:17 AM
Poker at: Pokerstars
Stick to 1 game.
how aggressive you manage your bankroll really depends how well you can fund your game.
October 24th, 2015, 7:31 PM
re: Poker & Basics?
Many new players will play with "out of their league". Rather than playing in smaller games with opponents of comparable skill, they decide to play with the pros, certainly risky
October 26th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Poker at: PS
1. read some articles about bankroll managment - they have all questions covered (ussually it is 100 buyins per limit for a cash games, something like 150 buyns for MTT)
2. Get your skill up, grind a lot .. u need winrate 5-6bb/100 to beat the limit...get your self HM2 or PT4 - stats programms must have in cash.
3. make adjustemnts in every spot with every opp. TAG is ok for begining. LAG is harder to understaand - u need good post flop skills