Barrels.

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
Do you double barrel/tripple barrel when you have complete air sometimes or do you usually "semi-bluff-barrel" with something like draws or low-pair?

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Hi,
Do you double barrel/tripple barrel when you have complete air sometimes or do you usually "semi-bluff-barrel" with something like draws or low-pair?

Need more information to properly answer this question. If our opponent has a defined range one pair hand and we have decent removal it can be useful to fire a triple barrell.
Obviously need to consider stack depth amongst other things

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It greatly depends on my opponent and their tendencies/my history with them. Some players are calling stations and I would almost never triple barrel them with air (unless I had a really strong reason such as really strong certainty that they have "worse nothing than my nothing" hand). Other players are such nits that I might bluff them constantly - even if I had nothing.

Poker is situational and about reading the people, situations, and other variables at play. My most honest answer: sometimes I'll bluff with air really far over the ledge and other times, I am worried to approach the cliff if that makes sense.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is a very open question, but I would say it really depends on your opponent and your opponents perception of you.

If your opponent will call down with any two cards and you have complete air, you may as well set your money on fire.

If your opponent will chase until the river but give up to any bet when he doesn't hit, you can triple barrel on some occasions (board texture is key).

If your opponent is quite tight, once he calls your c-bet on the flop, I would proceed with caution.

If you have a loose aggressive table image, your opponent is likely to call you lighter than normal, the opposite is also true in that if you have a tight table image, your opponents are likely to give you more credit for having a strong hand.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be barreling cards that give you the most fold equity (eg. an A on the turn as the preflop aggressor) or cards that connect well with your range (eg. low connected boards when you defend from BB)

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. In microstakes. Readless In HU i barrel alot in 9max quite often in 6max withot outs (vs tp) basically never.